Afresh Technologies · San Francisco, CAProduct Food & Agriculture Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Posted 3 weeks ago
At Afresh, our mission is to make the fresh food supply chain more efficient, thus dramatically reducing food waste and making fresh, nutritious food available and accessible to everyone. Our A.I.-powered solutions optimize ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments for brick-and-mortar grocers. The results are powerful: grocers using Afresh are on track to reduce more than 20M pounds of food waste, while increasing fresh sales by 3%, massively increasing their profitability.
As an early Product Manager at Afresh, you will be instrumental in building out the products and technology that supports our lofty mission and powers the future of grocery. You are user-oriented, think in terms of key performance indicators (KPIs), and you love bringing simplicity and elegance to complex problems. We are looking for someone who is passionate about affecting global change, gets excited about tackling new challenges, and wants to work with a team who enjoy each other’s time outside of the office as much as we do inside of it!
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact in the food system--we hope you'll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Own your product vision and roadmap. Communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your decisions. Evangelize your vision and excite others with where you want to take your product
- Deeply understand the market and our customers in order to build products that deliver massive value to our customers and the broader fresh food ecosystem
- Work cross-functionally with Business Operations, Engineering and Design to realize our product vision by taking products from conception to launch
- Build strong relationships with partners and customers in order to inform roadmap and product prioritization
- Develop user stories and product requirements, engage in usability and prototype testing, and define and monitor success metrics for maximal impact
What skills or experience do you need?
The following represent attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- 2+ years experience building customer-facing software as a Product Manager
- The desire to dive into an industry with huge problems and opportunities in an effort to drive transformational change
- The ability to make decisions in the face of uncertainty and with incomplete information, and an eagerness to learn from the outcomes
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to gather data, both qualitative and quantitative, emerge with insights, and make and communicate well-reasoned decisions
- Technical fluency that enables you to creatively explore possibilities and challenge constraints with engineering, with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of talented engineers
- Excellent written and verbal reasoning and communication skills
- Strong alignment with our core values: Kindness, Candor, Proactivity and Humility
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.