Mobile Engineer - iOS
Afresh Technologies · San Francisco, CAEngineering Food & Agriculture Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Posted 3 weeks ago
At Afresh, our mission is to make the fresh food supply chain more efficient, thus dramatically reducing food waste and making fresh, nutritious food available and accessible to everyone. Our A.I.-powered solutions optimize ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments for brick-and-mortar grocers. The results are powerful: grocers using Afresh are on track to reduce more than 20M pounds of food waste, while increasing fresh sales by 3%, massively increasing their profitability.
We are relentlessly focused on helping grocers reduce waste, increase profitability, and bring better, fresher food to their communities. Afresh is currently deployed in hundreds of grocery stores across the United States and is on track to reduce 30 million pounds of food waste per year with our existing customers alone. By 2021, we're aiming to reduce food waste by a quarter billion pounds per year.
We are a passionate team united by our mission to make an impact. As an Afresh employee, you’ll own meaningful work that will challenge you and change the future of how fresh, nutritious food makes its way through the supply chain.
We hope you’ll join us!
What will you be doing?
- Build enterprise apps which drive mission-critical operations for our customers.
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and our customers to create extraordinary user experiences.
- Work with our ML team to build a full human-in-the-loop system -- one that not only surfaces the most relevant and actionable data to our users, but also continually learns from their input.
- Contribute to our mobile infrastructure to enable continuous app delivery and high stability.
- Scale our mobile app development to support thousands of stores, dozens of partners, and brand new product offerings.
What skills or experience do you need?
The following represent attributes our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage all highly-qualified candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
- At least 2+ years experience with native iOS development
- Skilled understanding of mobile development and best practices
- Proven track record of shipping high quality apps
- Excellent attention to detail and mobile design sensibilities
- System-level problem solving and excitement to tackle hard problems
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, startup environment
- Cross-platform experience a big plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Founded in 2017, Afresh is the first A.I.-powered fresh food optimization platform for grocery chains. We have partnered with several large grocers representing hundreds of stores and >$10B in revenue. Our cutting-edge AI research has been published in top journals (e.g., ICML). We’re backed by some of the top investors in grocery and tech including Innovation Endeavors (former Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s firm), Baseline Ventures (first money in Stitch Fix, SoFi, Heroku, Instagram), Food Retail Ventures, Maersk Growth, and Impact Engine.
We are building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values: proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility. We aspire to continually grow as individuals and as an organization to live these values and realize our mission. We earnestly believe that Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by employing novel technology—and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.