Sr. Backend Software Engineer
Lark Health · Mountain View, CAEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 5 days ago
Lark is the world's largest A.I. healthcare provider, having provided care to more than a million patients suffering from, or at risk of, chronic diseases like Diabetes and Heart Disease. We’re on a mission to improve people’s health and happiness through our digital health coaching platform and smart connected devices. We are the only A.I. platform ever to become medically reimbursed to 100% replace a live healthcare professional, providing deeply scalable care to create real change. Since launch, Lark has continued to receive awards and accolades for both our product, and our leadership, including:
_ Fierce Healthcare's "15 Most Promising Companies in Healthcare" - Business Insider's "Most Innovative Companies in the World" along with Uber and Airbnb - Apple's "Top 10 Apps" in the World - CEO "Top 10 Women in Tech" by Inc. Magazine - CB Insight's "Most Promising Digital Health Companies in the World"
Lark is on a mission to make the world a healthier, happier place…if you want to be part of the journey…join us!
We're hiring a talented Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our growing team where you'll help build and scale the intelligent engine that is interpreting the world's health sensor data and empowering people to live fitter and happier lives.
What You’ll Need
- Expertise with both SQL and NoSQL and especially DynamoDB.
- Prior knowledge of event-driven architecture and functional paradigms
- Awareness of most current best practices, tools, and newest technologies
- Knowledge of AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Lambdas, Serverless
- Well-versed in Git, microservice architecture
- Communication skills, and capacity to work cross-functionally with both non-technical and highly technical team members
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on feedback
What You’ll Do
- Scale and refactor existing backend systems that ingest and process data from mobile phones and cellular devices.
- Work on our new backend infrastructure that ingest events data such as weight measurements, blood glucose, food logging or medical device integration with cellular devices.
- Rewrite and re-architect our existing services from other languages such as Java and Python to Typescript
- Build the framework and infrastructure that will easily allow us to integrate acquiring new health data from upcoming devices
- Accelerate processing those events and making them available in real time to other teams like data engineering and our conversation engine team.
- Uphold and help define best engineering practices and collaborate across teams
- Be quality driven: write automated tests to achieve a very high, close to 100% code coverage and high quality
- Mentor junior engineers
- Follow, or even better help define coding guidelines to ensure that the security and privacy of our user data is ensured
Education and Experience
- MS in Computer Science or related engineering field preferred
- 7+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience in sprint planning and working with Agile methodologies
Our team works with cutting edge tools and technology related to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. We are using NLP to process millions of meals, and accelerometer data to compute activity and sleep amounts from users' phones. Our chat A.I. is the most sophisticated digital health engagement tool in the world. Join us and make it even better!
Working at Lark
Lark offers the option to work remotely when both the employee and the job are suited to such an arrangement and when the employee and their manager are in alignment with the work location and working hours. This option is only applicable to U.S. employees. To accommodate all employees, we have identified the “core” period of the day during which all employees are required to work for scheduled meetings, syncs, scrums between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Pacific time. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, CA.
Lark is an Equal Opportunity Employer.