Senior Software Engineer – Driver Services
ChargePoint · Campbell, CAEngineering Environment Posted 5 days ago
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
What You Will Be Doing
Millions of drivers will be switching to electric vehicles over the coming years. We need your help to make their experience easy. You will design and build back-end systems that power our popular mobile app—the primary way drivers find chargers and interact with our network. You will work with a collaborative, cross-functional team that takes ideas from the drawing board to full-scale implementation. Your outstanding work will speed up the transition to electrified transportation worldwide!
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- You architect flexible and scalable systems.
- You can lead a project from conception to post-release monitoring and maintenance.
- You make thoughtful and respectful contributions to code reviews and design discussions.
- You are excited to dive into code you’ve never seen before, figure out what it does, make it better, and document it.
- You define user requirements, discuss trade-offs, and plan timelines.
- You mentor junior developers and make your team stronger.
- You test your code to ensure correctness and minimize regressions.
- You have a respectful, positive, and constructive attitude.
- You have three or more years of experience building back-end software.
- You have experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Java, Go, Python, etc.)
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- You know how to apply computer science algorithms and data structures.
- You have built and used RESTful APIs for client-server communication.
- You communicate effectively with cross-functional groups.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.