Senior Software Engineer
FarmWise · San Francisco, CAEngineering Food & Agriculture Posted 1 month ago
The Robotics Software Team is growing!
At FarmWise, we harness the power of AI to find solutions to combat food production challenges, and help growers thrive. We work hand in hand with growers to understand their constraints, address their priorities, and build products that are changing their lives for good.
We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by our shared values and desire to work together to overcome big challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement.
If you are interested in working on technology that will have a big impact on agriculture, come join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Having a big impact on our product doesn't require a background in Robotics, a strong background in professional software engineering is also valued. You will design and build our robotic software infrastructure in addition to novel robotic capabilities. You will work on a distributed architecture with firm real-time constraints that enable our devices to reliably act on each plant with precision and speed.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Build and deploy features for monitoring autonomous performance, localization and mapping, robotic controls and actuation.
- Contribute to our best practices' software engineering organization: expand our test infrastructure, validation methods and improve real-time performance.
- Take part in and lead feature development, testing and deployment.
Your Preferred Skills
- Proficient working with C++ in a production environment.
- Strong communicator with a desire to work in a collaborative, people-first company culture.
- Ability to identify and correct short-comings in software design.
- Experience with software development best practices: code reviews, version control, and testing (unit/smoke/regression).
- Experience with a POSIX based operating system such as Linux, OS-X or ROS.
- Willingness to learn and expand your skills.
- Willingness to work in a codebase that leverages Linear Algebra, 3D Geometry and Machine Learning.
- 4+ years writing on production-ready software.
- Familiarity with ROS
- Basic working knowledge of Linear Algebra, Statistics, Kinematics
- Experience with Robotic Arms
- Experience with Autonomous Car Software
- Competitive salary and equity
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance — for you, your spouse and children
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid holidays and flexible PTO
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks
- Paid Parental Leave policy
- Full time remote is negotiable
Come work on technology that will change agriculture forever!