Sr. Software Engineer
CampusLogic · Chandler, AZEngineering Education Posted 1 month ago
Why Join Us
Each year, 3,000,000 students drop out of higher ed for financial reasons. And 40% of low-income students who are admitted to college never enroll because they don’t know how to pay for it. These young adults need access to simple, mobile and personalized financial support. You can help us remove cost as a barrier to education.
We don’t have twirling slides into ball pits or roving massage therapists, but the culture here is paramount. We work hard to keep it healthy. You will feel supported and liberated to do your best work here. And you’ll have a life-changing impact on the lives of millions of students in a high-growth SaaS company. If that sounds refreshing, read on.
You have a solid grasp of our basic toolset (Jira, Visual Studio). You are willing to learn new plug-ins and IDE enhancements in order to boost your productivity and are excited to introduce us to new tooling experiences that have worked for you in the past. You bring discipline and care to implementation practices. You are familiar with Agile/Scrum processes, practice common design patterns, embrace clean coding principles, frequently practice TDD, and employ many other techniques in an effort to bring a high level of software craftsmanship to your finished product. You see regular code reviews as opportunities to learn from and educate your talented peers, and you're excited to constructively participate. We iterate quickly with an emphasis on lean development, you will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day.
You will create, maintain, and optimize source code for large web service and web applications using the above technologies. You will also be called upon to help design and build new product for an aggressive growth driven roadmap.
- Participate end to end in the product life cycle: requirements refinement, solution design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Participate in application design discussions with architects, product owners and designers to further the development of the CampusLogic Platform.
- Work with team members to design solutions that are supported by the architecture of the existing systems.
- Rapidly fix bugs, incorporate customer feedback and solve problems (basic superhero stuff)
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience should include .NET development (C#, Web API, Web Services, ASP.NET, IIS (Web Deployment)
- Should be very familiar with MVC, Web API and ASP.NET based web development
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases including SQL Server
- An understanding and experience in application security from the web service and web application perspective
- A good understanding of design patterns and N-Tier architecture
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field, or professional experience working with related technologies
- Azure Resource Management
- Business Intelligence
Who We Are
In 2011, we set out to help schools change lives by removing barriers from Student Financial Success. By making financial aid easy, mobile, and personalized, more students can access aid—and the education it pays for, make better decisions that reduce borrowing, and easily navigate financial aid with less staff burden and cost. Today, CampusLogic transforms the way more than 500 colleges and universities deliver financial aid with the first and only student finance platform.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.