Lambda School · Remote (USA)Design + UX Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Education Posted 1 month ago
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lambda is looking for a User Experience Researcher to join our team. You will be responsible for owning our research strategy across our business. You'll be collaborating with world-class partners in product, design, engineering, and business partners.
What you’ll do:
- Uncover user needs and gain a deep understanding of students and stakeholders
- Create tests (and guide others in test creation) to validate various hypotheses, utilizing a broad range of discovery methods/activities
- Distill complex ideas into clear, actionable insights
- Analyze and evaluation of qualitative and quantitative findings using a variety of statistical and specialized methods.
- Define users by examining their behaviors, activities, obligations, needs, and environment and use this information to build user personas.
- Create user flows and journey maps to help define clear pathways and establish consistent behaviors to help learners achieve their goals.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of hands-on user experience research experience.
- Proficient in a variety of user experience research methods and tools, including usability testing protocols (remote and in-person), card sorting, tree testing, user surveys, user interviews, field research, persona development, journey mapping, and competitive heuristic analysis.
- Experience using quantitative research and data analysis skills to drive strategy and influence decision making
- Experience effectively presenting and explaining your work to multiple audiences
- Ability to plan, design, execute and communicate both strategic and tactical research engagements
- Ability to bring a positive attitude and an equitable and inclusive approach to your work, your team and your cross functional partners
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.