Senior UX/UI Designer--IoT
Rad Power Bikes · Seattle, WADesign + UX Environment Posted 1 month ago
Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is on a mission to get people onto bikes, electric bikes that are built for everything and priced for everyone - the weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and headquartered in Seattle, WA, we are seeking a full-time Senior UX/UI Designer to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to support a dynamic team, read on.
Our Senior UX/UI Designer will be responsible for all aspects of the Digital Product Experience. To be successful you will be leading design strategy, conducting User/Customer research, designing UX/UI for Rad’s digital solutions, and establishing and implementing our vision for a comprehensive ecosystem. This will be the Design Lead position for the Product at Rad. You’ll have the opportunity to shape and influence the build out of the Product team. This role will report to our Director of Connected Bikes.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 5+ years of hands on Product Design and UX experience (agency experience a huge plus) in a manager or leadership role, mentoring and leading more junior designers
- Proven expert with design tools including Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC, Figma, etc. with a digital portfolio to support your expertise; experience working, building and maintaining Design Systems using Invision, Sketch or Adobe
- Experience with user testing and design research tools including Google Analytics, Hotjar, and CrazyEgg, and UserTesting
- You have strong design principles and core design values from years of experience and you can defend your designs while collaborating with partners and absorbing their feedback
- You are fluent in best practices for mobile and responsive design, with experience designing for mobile web and iOS/Android apps
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects, ability to be both strategic and tactical with solid organizational skills and a high attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree in digital user interface design, graphic design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Outstanding online portfolio that highlights your ability to deliver a compelling creative vision, differentiating customer experience and meaningful business impact
- Ability to perform both quantitative and qualitative user research
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Dropbox, and Slack and experience with design-thinking tools (e.g. Mural)
- Experience with front-end development HTML/CSS, JS/REACT/VUE, etc. and experience working with Agile software development processes
- Industry experience in mobile, connected ecosystems (IoT)
You get bonus points for:
- Working knowledge of bikes and especially ebikes and their components
- Passion for the environment, and driving change
Had you been with us last month, the top 5 things you would have impacted are:
- Leading the User Research, building journey maps, facilitating design sessions and reviews with your agile partners, and launching our new Service functionality for mobile and desktop experiences
- Defining the key use cases and critical unmet needs of our target customers and establishing the ways Rad Power Bikes might address those gaps.
- Kicking off work on our Alpha phase product in partnership with engineering and creative leadership; building mockups, storyboards, wireframes, user-flows, high-fidelity solutions
- Defining personas for our various bike models, and performing usability testing throughout the customer journey to identify friction points and opportunities to improve the experience
- Partnering with ecommerce, creative and analytics teams on A/B testing including test recommendations, designs and result analysis and with a cross-functional team of product managers, business users, and engineers to define and prioritize features supporting business priorities and outcomes
Additional duties & overtime as required
Sounding good? Read on to understand what matters most to us:
At Rad we take our company values seriously. They are lived out into everything we do. Our RADICAL values really do frame what our expectations are for each and every team member. We are:
- Responsible to our environment, community and team
- Accountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedback
- Diverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voice
- Innovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are original
- Customer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our riders
- Approachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to help
- Learners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.