Lead Product Designer
Wonderschool · RemoteDesign + UX Education Posted 1 month ago
Wonderschool is a two-sided marketplace whose mission is to ensure every child has access to child care that helps them realize their potential. We are doing this by building a suite of tools to support passionate early care and education professionals to start and run quality and sustainable child care programs, as well as building tools that make it easy for families to easily find programs that are the perfect fit for the needs of their children. Our tools allow providers to easily manage their students, parents, and school all from one dashboard. Our community allows providers to seek advice, support, and a sense of belonging with a group of like-minded peers.
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer to create delightful and intuitive experiences for our customers, from parents seeking quality child care to providers seeking efficiency and order in their business. You will work closely with stakeholders across the company to create simple solutions that bring the Wonderschool vision to life. As a successful lead product designer, you will not only define the user experience, but also inspire and elevate the rest of the team.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering to translate business goals into solutions that our customers love
- Become the customer’s greatest advocate: conduct research and user interviews to understand customer needs and current pain points
- Own end-to-end design including creating wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, and low to high fidelity mock-ups to communicate user experience
- Lead the design process and drive improvements to improve efficiency and foster the design team’s culture
- Cultivate and use data to make user experience recommendations to improve the user experience to the Wonderschool leadership team
- Mentor and provide guidance to other other designers helping them to develop and grow
- 6+ years of experience designing intuitive products for web and mobile
- Experience working in a fast-paced, small team environment
- Experience mentoring others
- A portfolio that demonstrates high quality design work and highlights your process
- Fluency in Figma
- You can clearly and confidently present your decisions to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Team player with an ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Proven expertise creating process flows, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity designs
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in ambiguous environments
- Please submit your portfolio in the space provide on application.
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.