Email Production Coordinator
Transportation Alternatives · New York CityOther $55000 - $60000 Per Year Posted 1 month ago
Reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
Transportation Alternatives (TA), New York City's advocate for walking, bicycling and public transportation, seeks a Email Production Coordinator to lead both the technical and strategic aspects of TA’s email communications and marketing activities. The right candidate is a skilled coder with a creative and analytical approach to email marketing, and is comfortable taking a proactive approach to collaboration across teams to meet tight deadlines.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, the Email Production Coordinator will work closely with staff across TA’s Marketing and Communications, Advocacy, and Development teams on a variety of email campaigns that advance TA’s advocacy and fundraising goals. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a variety of email templates, planning and executing digital marketing programs to engage a variety of audiences, and testing and refining to continually improve TA’s email marketing product.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Formatting and sending HTML advocacy, fundraising, and newsletter emails using Pardot
- Maintaining email templates that represent TA’s brand and maintain legibility across a variety of email clients, browsers, and devices; when needed, creating new templates in collaboration with TA’s Art department
- Owning and refining workflows around requesting, proofing, testing and gaining approvals for email from all of the relevant teams
- Creating and maintaining email audiences using segmentation, targeting and suppression groups based on engagement goals
- Maintaining compliance and meeting best practices around email deliverability, design and responsiveness
- Continually improving processes and products based on analytics and evolving best practices; maintaining diligent process documentation
- Assisting with the creation of third-party digital assets such as online surveys, event ticketing pages, advocacy e-actions, team raiser events and donation forms
Qualified candidates will bring with them:
- 3+ years of demonstrated coding experience in HTML and CSS; understanding of responsive design
- Familiarity with an email marketing system such as Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Hubspot, or Marketo
- Basic knowledge of Content Management Systems and internet technologies (HTTP, DNS, browsers, servers, etc.); basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with email marketing: building audiences, targeting and segmentation, building nurturing series around a variety of engagement goals
- Experience setting and tracking against measurable goals; analytical, with a passion for data-informed decision making
- A highly detailed approach to troubleshooting and debugging
- Experience collaborating with designers to turn design files into pixel perfect code
- Curiosity about new technologies and digital trends; takes initiative to stay abreast of best practices and innovations
- Self-direction in setting up systems to manage workflows; is adept at time management in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- A communicator, a collaborator and a problem-solver with strong interpersonal skills, able to work across teams to find solutions, build systems and move forward
- Collaborates well with non-technical staff, including "managing up" to senior staff. Can translate big-picture needs into technical tactics and find creative ways to meet organizational priorities
Exceptional candidates will also bring with them:
- Familiarity and interest in TA’s work and advocacy areas
- Experience incorporating principles of digital accessibility into email and other marketing
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience managing web content
- Familiarity with the technical ways in which email marketing platforms interface with CRM, Salesforce or another
- Familiarity with third party donor and advocacy platforms such as Classy, Phone2Action, etc.
- Familiarity with Asana or another project management system
Please send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with “Email Production Coordinator” in the subject line.
Transportation Alternatives is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. We value having diverse staff in gender, ethnicity, background and modal preference. BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ candidates strongly encouraged to apply.