Sr Software Engineer, API Integration Specialist
Evolent Health · Remote (USA)Engineering Health & Well-Being Posted 3 weeks ago
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Evolent Health is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a team of highly skilled cross-functional experts to support our overall software engineering and product activities. On this team you will work directly with our larger Agile organization and will have a degree of autonomy to collaboratively learn, plan, design, implement, and operate software products and platforms. Strong candidates must be capable of building API Services in .NET, using modern architectures and should also be comfortable working with application protocols such as JSON RPC, SOAP, REST API’s & single page architectures.
This position will work with minimal supervision; collaborating with the scrum teams to establish and expand on best practices, as well as coaching teams in areas of technical expertise. The ability to work independently and think creatively will be required to thrive in this role. The ability to communicate effectively within the team but as importantly across teams is critical. This role will also partner with the business, product, and IT teams to help define the future approach of Evolent’s public API.
- Work with the Architecture team to design, develop, and deploy APIs (internal and public), consume APIs (internal, commercial, and partners) as well as define best practices and toolkits for use by engineering teams
- Understand business requirements with the ability to translate to technical requirements
- Prepare design documents (HLD, LLD) based on business requirements for the application development
- Optimize performance and provide maintenance support on new and existing applications or web service components
- Troubleshoot and provide necessary bug fixes related to client and user reported issues
- Comfortable in conducting presentations and participate in knowledge sharing sessions with other developers in the team
- Mentor / pair with engineering resources as needed
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- API development skills, including C#, XML, WebAPI, JSON, .NET 4.5 and .NET Core 3, SQL Server, ORMs (i.e. Entity Framework, Dapper), etc. as well as Middleware & Enterprise API management tools
- Experience with on-premises and cloud-based PaaS/IaaS providers (Ideally Azure) and working with virtualized systems, including application servers, databases, and networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge of security principles / best practices including experience with OWASP, OAuth and/or related backend services.
- Proven experience in DevOps, Test Driven Development, dependency injection and/or willingness to assist in building out test automation.
- 4+ years’ experience in Microsoft .NET Technologies, C#, T-SQL
- Strong understanding of MVC, MVVM, Onion architecture, and S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team of technical and non-technical colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Complete understanding of SDLC management practices and methodologies with emphasis on Agile Scrum development methodology
- Strong attention to detail with outstanding problem-solving skills
- Extensive analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an agile and/or waterfall team environment
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office applications Excel, Word, Access
- Must be detailed oriented, data-centric and possess a desire to deliver high quality products
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math or equivalent related experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience working with API management platforms
- IVR Experience
- Design and Development of IVR call flow using NICE In-Contact
- In Depth Knowledge in In-Contact cloud solutions, Knowledge of designing and development of strategies using the NICE inContact Platform.
- Experience in consumption of InContact platform APIs to integrate into software platforms
- Skills in Tools like In View, In-Contact Press Path, In-Contact Softphones(Max), In-Contact Call back tools
- Front end technologies like REACT / Angular / other SPA Frameworks
- Exposure to Big Data solutions
- Cloud experience with migration to Cloud platforms, and / or operating in a Hybrid environment
- Experience in configuring and using PaaS offerings (like App Services, Azure SQL Database, Azure Service Bus, Azure Config, etc.)
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.