The Fresh Air Fund · New York, NYEngineering Environment $70000 - $85000 Per Year Posted 3 weeks ago
The Fresh Air Fund, an independent, not-for-profit youth development organization, has provided free summer experiences to more than 1.8 million New York City children from low-income communities since 1877. Despite the challenges presented by COVID-19, The Fund continues to provide safe, fun, engaging and enriching experiences for New York City youth to keep the magic of summer alive through virtual and outdoor programs. Fresh Air children also participate in year-round leadership and educational programs. For more information, visit www.FreshAir.org.
The Fresh Air Fund is hiring a Salesforce Administrator to join our IT Team.
The Fresh Air Fund has invested in the development of a new enterprise-wide CRM (FreshForce) using Salesforce as the engagement platform. After the successful launch of the product, we are eager to move into the maintenance phase of the project while we complete the ongoing build out of the system.
We seek an experienced Salesforce Administrator to lead this effort. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of success in improving processes and adoption of CRMs built on the Salesforce platform.
There are currently four business uses: family engagement, program operations, fund development, and booking. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for system maintenance and management, driving ongoing feature enhancements, supporting evolving business needs, and managing the relationship with our Salesforce development vendor. Working within the IT department and with colleagues across all departments and teams, the Salesforce Administrator will ensure the CRM’s optimal functionality ensuring that we capitalize on Salesforce’s full features and benefits, and that all requirements and priorities are well documented. S/he will build upon the roadmap and aide in reaching
operationally efficient solutions, in collaboration with internal teams, and with the vendor when necessary. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of the CRM platform. S/he will assist with the
full development life-cycle from technical design to development, testing and deployment.
This position is based in our New York City office but is currently remote due to COVID-19. The role will be in-person when staff return to the office and will report to the Information Systems & Technology department lead.
• Serve as primary system administrator for the enterprise-wide Salesforce environment.
• Administer Salesforce.com (manage fields/relationships, workflow rules, page layouts, security,
validation rules, email, custom buttons/links, data [management, integrity, and validation], etc.).
• Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and
dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks.
• Facilitate training new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization. Expand
FreshForce U (FreshForce University).
• Ensure data security is enforced using roles, profiles, and sharing rules.
• Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity.
• Analyze complex systems and troubleshoot and isolate system issues.
• Support Salesforce tools and third-party integrations.
• Assist in data cleanup and migration efforts.
• Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Candidates should have demonstrated administrative experience with the Salesforce platform and the following qualifications, certifications, and skills/experience:
• Interest in joining a youth development organization and supporting its mission and vision.
• Strong Salesforce configuration experience.
• Degree and/or experience in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Salesforce Advanced Administrator certified.
Skills / Experience Required
• Three to five years of Salesforce administrator experience.
• Strong Salesforce platform knowledge with Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) experience.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals and to evolve product strategy based on user
needs, data, and industry trends.
• Demonstrated experience with building custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
• Data analysis and handling. Initial data review, cleanup, and organization will be required.
• Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
• Experience working with non-technical users and understanding their diverse needs.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
• Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requirements from the underlying true needs.
• Direct, articulate, and succinct communication style, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Analysis of issues with a methodical and efficient, yet thorough, approach.
• Self-motivation to be proactive in identifying problems and developing recommended solutions.
• Professionalism, integrity, reliability, and accountability.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this role is $70,000-$85,000 and is commensurate with experience. The Fresh Air
Fund offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible
spending accounts, commuter benefits, and employer and employee retirement contribution plans.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Salesforce Administrator. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No calls or recruiters, please.
The Fresh Air fund is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations, and communities to apply.