Modern Health · San Francisco, CAData + Analytics Health & Well-Being Posted 3 weeks ago
Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company, we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 and maintaining an employee retention rate of 99.97% and an overall Glassdoor rating of 4.9 out of 5.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you’re excited about this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Modern Health’s Analytics and Data Science team is looking for a Data Analyst, who will report to the Senior Director of Analytics and Data Science. We’re looking for someone who can bring technical expertise, beautiful dashboards, and keen cross-functional business instincts to the internal stakeholder of your choice. In this role, you will choose between Finance, Operations, Sales, Marketing, or Client Success and then partner closely with that team as the domain expert within Analytics.
You will identify which metrics matter and how to measure them, align those definitions across the company, implement them in our database, and report out via Looker. You will work on executive reporting and meet with VP level leaders regularly as well as dive deeply into the weeds to unblock any stakeholder in need of data and automate operational reports. In addition to instrumenting the business, you will keep an eye out for opportunities and own strategic analyses end-to-end, including developing the hypothesis, performing the analysis, and recommending action.
We would love to hear from you if you’re smart, technical, and motivated and are excited to own relationships with key stakeholders, deeply understand their chosen area of focus, and turn confusing, granular data into simple charts and profitable insights.
We’re committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated.
What You’ll Do-
- Define, socialize, and measure KPIs aligned to company strategic objectives
- Build data sources and dashboards that empower stakeholders to dig into the data that matters most to them and make informed decisions
- Guarantee the reliability of your work by checking, double checking, then code review
- Conduct deep-dive data analyses using your skills in SQL, Python, R, or the tool of your choice, then translate the results into actionable business recommendations
- Partner with Data Engineering and other stakeholders to improve our data platform
- Work with data scientists on the team when you discover game changing opportunities for larger modeling and machine learning projects
Who You Are-
- 2+ years of experience in analytics, data engineering, or data science at a tech company
- Prior experience in investment banking, management consulting, or a particular domain such as Finance, Operations, Sales, Marketing, or Client Success (it’s likely you can partner with the function that matches your background)
- Expert in SQL and data visualization tools, especially with Looker or an equivalent BI tool
- Spreadsheets and slide decks are cake, of course.
- Experience applying data and analytics concepts to business problems cross-functionally
- Proven success partnering with and explaining data and analytics concepts to non-technical team members at any level of seniority
- Humble, scrappy, highly motivated, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity