Source · Scottsdale, AZ
Are you passionate about hands-on coding, testing, releasing, monitoring, and supporting working software in production? All to support and advance a first-of-its-kind technology that can create drinking water from just sunlight and air? SOURCE Global is looking for a full stack Data Engineer to join our growing Data Science team. This role is based in Scottsdale, AZ and will report to the Director, Network Operations Center. At a glance, this position is responsible for providing world class full stack senior level software development and data analysis within a fast-growing, mission-driven business that is committed to solving the global water crisis.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate excels in a fast pace environment and is someone who embraces a mentality of “Yes, If.” You’ve got grit and tenacity and are ready to jump in and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and develop custom systems and tools, including mobile and web applications, to support the global team and business objectives.
- Use your extensive DevOps experience to own an entire engineering problem rather than a single pice of code
- Perform extensive data validation and quality assurance analysis within large datasets.
- Build proactive data validation automation to catch data integrity issues.
- Build and flesh out data models for use in regular and/or automated reporting and analysis.
- Diagnose data-related bugs and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Develop with a security lens and actively look for vulnerabilities in development and review.
- Convey your work and results to a wide variety of internal and external customers, both technical and non-technical.
- Evaluate operations for inefficiencies and identify areas where you can create, automate, and develop tools (SQL-based or otherwise).
- Create project proposals and designs that have considerable business and/or impact or touch multiple systems. Create technical designs that are clear, well thought out, and consider dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability, and ease of support.
- Utilize business context knowledge to design architectural decisions, including scalability, reliability and performance of systems.
- Work closely with individuals and department leaders to document business reporting needs and to provide meaningful data analysis, enabling sound financial and business decisions.
- Collaborate with product owners, product managers and the business on feature development, as well as mentoring other engineers and advising managers.
- Thoroughly understand the business model and identify opportunities to simplify product and technical design.
- Provide thoughtful strategies in effectively resolving problems and issues. Take ownership of incidents in your domain and provide assistance to others on resolving incidents.
- Understand data team's testing approach and use quality metrics to identify gaps. Recommend solutions that are in accordance with accepted testing frameworks and the testing pyramid. Develop elegant, resilient, tested, and secure applications.
- Become aware of the organization’s monitoring philosophy and skilled with the monitoring tools.
- Actively participate in all phases of the development life-cycle of our applications including architecture, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners.
- Build tabular and/or visualization reports as needed with live data views and dashboards.
- Identify opportunities to improve data and business processes utilizing JAVA, Python, R, C#, or other applicable languages.
- Help form data management and governance processes within the data science team.
- B.S preferred in Computer Science with 7+ years of related professional experience developing and implementing world class systems, mobile and web applications.
- 7+ years professional working experience in web and distributed applications/ systems development and implementation.
- 5+ years professional working experience in mobile applications development and implementation for Android and iOS.
- 5+ years working experience with microservices and REST APIs.
- 5+ years working experience in technical data analysis, data science, or data warehousing with proven business analysis experience.
- 5+ years of working knowledge with API architecture, design, and development.
- 5+ years working experience on DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Docker.
- 5+ years working experience in developing and deploying secure web applications in linux environments within AWS or the greater cloud.
- Extensive experience writing complex SQL, views, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise database technologies, including but not limited to: SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and Cassandra.
- Minimum of 10 years experience with web applications development and implementation for Android and iOS.
- A keen interest and drive to continuously learn new techniques and technologies
- Self-driven, self-sufficient, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Expert in using Test Frameworks and good understanding of test-driven development concepts and supportive.
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming concepts.
- Experience in a major server-less development, including infrastructure.
- Depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines.
- Extensive experience with data pipeline and presentation technologies, including but not limited to Dataiku, Metabase, DataStudio, PowerBI, and Tableau.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong passion for providing outstanding customer service; address individual and group communications clearly and effectively.
- Skilled with technical writing and process-driven performance.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed to meet deadlines and deliver on company goals.
- Excellent presentation and Microsoft Office skills.
- Fearlessly driven – results-oriented, self-starter, self-educator, and have the ability to navigate dependencies and roadblocks with grace.
- Passionate about data and analyzing business needs.
- Be a passionate problem solver - breaking down problems and developing analytical insights.
- Ability to work independently and with team members to understand database structure and business processes.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues.
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays before they require escalation.
- Continuously strive for a deeper understanding of our business drivers.
- Determined to get problems resolved and complete tasks with timeliness and efficiency.
- Ability to remain organized with multiple demands of your time and attention.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
As a Data Engineer, you will have an opportunity to design, develop and deliver world class software leveraging your technical expertise and grow in breadth of technology in more than one area. Your strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills will be crucial to our success. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and guide Jr. level team members.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and 13 paid holidays
- Employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability plans
- Employer-paid life insurance
ABOUT SOURCE GLOBAL
The SOURCE Global team comes to work every morning with one purpose: perfecting your water and the water of everyone on this planet. Together with our customers, our partners, and our team, we are transforming the human relationship with water.
Our Vision / Perfecting water for every person, every place
Our Mission / Making drinking water an unlimited resource
Our Product / We designed SOURCE: a Hydropanel TM that meets the drinking water needs of the more than seven billion people on earth. Applying thermodynamics, materials science, and controls technology, SOURCE needs only sunlight and air to make drinking water each day at homes, schools, offices, and more.