Raise Green · Remote
ABOUT RAISE GREEN
Raise Green is the marketplace for local impact investment. We are a licensed fintech company that allows anyone to invest in local, community resilience. Our marketplace allows project creators to raise money for their projects through investment from anyone (retail, accredited, institutional). Our inclusive finance model is designed for any project with a contractual cash flow: community solar, microgrids, electrical vehicle infrastructure, community agriculture, energy efficiency, and battery deployments — as long as social and environmental benefits are at the core of their design. We are seeking to invest in a healthy, just, and sustainable future that allows anyone to access and benefit from climate resilient local infrastructure.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Our Software Engineer is dedicated to fighting income inequality, air pollution, and climate change. You will be managing our Website, Marketplace, and Originator Engine: a “turbotax of project finance” that allows anyone to create, fund, build, and run their own local solar or climate solutions project. Raise Green is making it easier to open a solar array or a housing co-op in your neighborhood than a gas station or fast food joint.
Our Software Engineer develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions for green infrastructure projects. Our Software Engineer thrives on lack of precedence and adapts to the fast-changing nature of an early-stage startup. Job skills and trust are paramount. You’ll have the space to operate and will do so with nearly complete creative license. Raise Green’s Software Engineer will be a vanguard in the tech charge against climate change — this is the defining decade. We have to make a difference.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Manage project creation app, database, and microservices
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Willingness to help co-create the strategic vision and grow the team
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- 5-7 years of professional software development experience
- Experience in react, go, graphql, postgres, R, python, terraform, kubernetes
- Application architecture and design patterns
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Passion for social justice, sustainable finance, and the environment
Interested? Let us know April 1 if you’d like you’d like to join us. We’re looking forward to hearing from you and we will reply. Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to [email protected].
Raise Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.