SIRUM · Atlanta, GAEngineering Health & Well-Being Posted 2 weeks ago
About the jobSIRUM is reimagining US healthcare enabling everyone to access affordable medication
SIRUM drives the future of healthcare by connecting people with surplus medications. Our goal is to leverage the :$10B of surplus that goes to waste every year to improve health equity for the 10M adults in the US who can't afford their prescriptions. Everyone deserves the medications they need to stay healthy. We deliver on this promise by ensuring medicine prices that are low, stable, & transparent and that families' health comes first.
Founded at Stanford University and a Y Combinator Alumni, we're a fast-growing, non-profit, for-impact startup at the intersection of health tech + social enterprise. Our platform moves $575,000 worth of medications every week, sourced from hundreds of medicine donors across dozens of states. Join us in building a national solution to the drug pricing epidemic that has been featured on The TED Main Stage, The New York Times, and Forbes.
As our first QA engineer, you will play a key role in designing and implementing strategies for quality assurance and testing, as well as work with a variety of stakeholders (technical and non-technical) to discuss solutions and resolve issues. You will gain exposure to, and ensure robust platforms are being built for, every functional part of the organization including all three of our core teams: medicine donors, pharmacy, and clinic partnerships. This will be an intense startup role with no typical day but best of all, you will see a direct and immediate impact of your work on the health and wellbeing of tens of thousands of patients.
Our future teammate will:
- Help us define, build and execute our testing approach and methodologies
- Take ownership of testing application functionality for each of our platforms, including integration with related software
- Work with the engineering team to ensure our tools are appropriately designed and built
- Create test plans to rigorously vet all aspects of our platforms
- Test code utilizing a mix of manual and automated testing, and determine when to use which
- Identify product weaknesses and areas for improvement to ensure a seamless end user experience
- Work on-site at least 3 days per week to triage, replicate, and resolve incoming bug reports
What we are looking for:
- Mission Driven. Use your skills to help families get the medicine they need
- Ownership Mentality. 3+ years of QA experience and 2+ years working on a small team. You know how to build something from the ground up
- Plan Creation. Experience creating testing plans and guides that can be implemented via automation or manually
- Attention To Detail. You care about the details that make up a good platform and enjoyable user experience
- Problem Solving. You enjoy digging into problems, debugging, and suggesting solutions
- Project Management. Manage testing for multiple platforms and incorporate business strategy into priorities and realistic timelines
- Self-Starter. Set ambitious goals and timelines for yourself and then follow through