Business Development Manager - USA
CitizenLab · United StatesOther Public Service & Civic Engagement $60000 - $80000 Per Year Posted 2 weeks ago
Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a social impact scale-up with its HQ in Brussels and since recently incorporated in the U.S., aims to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by over 270 cities and municipalities in +10 different countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their citizens. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab gave +500,000 citizens a direct voice in local politics and got recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'. CitizenLab is looking for purpose-driven talent to join us on our mission to have +2.5 million citizens actively participate via its e-democracy platforms in cities across the globe.
Business Development Manager USA at CitizenLab
As Business Development Manager U.S., you will help CitizenLab expand to the United States by signing up new cities and growing our client base. If you care deeply about the future of democracy and have a keen interest in working with the public sector, this might be you. You will work closely together with our small US-based team. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Help craft and implement CitizenLab’s go-to-market plan to ensure the growth of our client base of cities.
- Be(come) an expert in participatory democracy, present bespoke solutions, and apply consultative selling techniques.
- Build lasting relationships with governments and understand their needs.
- Create new business opportunities within the public sector by networking, meeting with cities, public speaking at conferences, and developing new partnerships.
- Devise outreach campaigns based on relevant offerings for different government segments.
- Identify GovTech trends and opportunities, and help inform our marketing strategy.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO and the other Business Development Manager US to set the strategy for the USA and co-lead the expansion.
What do we expect from you?
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in business development. You have a strong network in the US public sector.
- You are based in the United States, preferably on the West coast but that’s not a must.
- Excellent understanding of U.S. local politics and the public sector, and strong interest in the domain of public governance & citizen participation.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, to craft the best possible go-to-market together.
- Enthusiasm, humor, empathy, and the ability to convey this through phone, email and in-person communication. People have to enjoy talking to you. And you have to enjoy talking with them.
- Hungry to learn and teach. We invest heavily in making each other better.
- Bias towards immediate action and results. You’ve got to love measuring your own progress.
- Willingness to take responsibility and accountability that comes with the autonomy in the role of Business Development Manager USA.
- Most importantly: you can demonstrate a big appetite to improve the functioning of our democracies and the efficiency of public services!
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have a social impact at scale. We're daily working with +230 governments to connect them to their citizens.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from startup to a scaleup (50 employees), and our expansion from Europe to the United States .
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by the leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We organise many team activities and afterworks (when possible). We are as serious about our work in digital democracy, as about having fun on our journey together.
- Informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, bi-yearly off-site team retreats.
- Work 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re growing fast together, both collectively and individually.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, training budget, well-being budget, collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.