TalkingPoints · San Francisco, CAProduct Education Posted 2 weeks ago
TalkingPoints is an award-winning education technology non-profit organization with the mission to unlock the potential of low-income, underserved families to support their children’s learning by partnering with their children’s schools. COVID-19 remote learning environment has made our mission ever more urgent and important. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market, a multilingual family engagement platform that connects families and teachers using human and artificial intelligence powered, two-way translated messages and personalized supports — eliminating language, time limitations, and know-how as barriers to school/family connection.
Millions of teachers and families are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms, schools and districts across the U.S. TalkingPoints works with key school district partners such as Oakland Unified, Seattle Public Schools, Boston Public Schools, Buffalo Public School, Wake County and NYC DOE. We have won awards from NYU, MIT, Google, Forbes and are backed by Google, Eric Schmidt, AT&T, Cisco, and Stanford University to name a few.
We're at a critical inflection point in the organization's growth, our user base has grown 5-10x in the past year while our team grew 2x and will double again over the next year. It's an important time to join our team and build on our momentum and ability to support students and families during this critical time in which education equity gaps are more concerning than ever. Learn more.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
Be a core member of TalkingPoints product team, initially focusing on growth and data products and initiatives:
- Manage growth priorities for TalkingPoints fast-scaling platforms for teacher and parent users, focusing on activation, engagement and retention across web, mobile, and SMS platforms.
- Support impact-focused research & development in support of TalkingPoints 2.0, providing technology-driven wrap-around support for teachers and parents.
- Drive product and technical requirements for internal and external data reporting and analytics products.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have most or all of the following:
- 4+ years experience focused on consumer product development and management.
- Demonstrated results as a growth PM, managing, experimenting and optimizing user funnels for high-growth products at scale.
- Experience building successful data and analytics products.
- Highly experimental and creative with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and discuss product concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate innovative new ideas.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to experiment, use data and research to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Obsessed with user needs, experiences and mental model.
- Specific technical expertise including:
- User science, data science, analytics: e.g., A/B testing, Tableau, query building, SQL,
- Collaborating with engineering to support data pipelines and data sharing.
- Agile, workflow, resource management.
- Overall fit with our org culture - we look for team members who are:
- User and mission-oriented: we are devoted to our mission with empathy towards the communities we serve.
- All-in together: we go above and beyond the job description, working together as a team.
- Agile & action-oriented: we get things done, knowing that our progress is urgent to our communities.
- Always learning: we are always learning, with a growth mindset, to reach our our full potential.
- Boldly courageous: we take risks in order to achieve big things.
- Resourceful: We are creative, solution-oriented, and scrappy.
What we offer
- An incredible opportunity to build a mission-driven, rapidly growing startup tech nonprofit
- Competitive salary, full coverage medical insurance, and unlimited vacation
- Casual and flexible work environment central San Francisco location (pre-COVID19) with easy access to public transportation
- Fun, smart, dynamic, motivated team focused on working together to transform family engagement to serve the families who need it most
How to apply
Please submit your resume, a brief paragraph describing your interest, and a link to your LinkedIn profile