Exygy · San Francisco, CA/Remote (US)Product Health & Well-Being Partners & Advocates Public Service & Civic Engagement Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development Environment Posted 2 weeks ago
The Product Manager role at Exygy is a dual role: 60% digital project management and 40% product management. Focused on the planning and delivery of Exygy’s design and engineering projects, our Product Managers thrive on process, bringing clear organization and direction to multiple client projects across our health, civic, and philanthropy sectors. As a Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for working directly with Exygy clients and end-users, while managing cross-functional teams of designers and engineers to launch digital products. At Exygy, Product Managers can partner with senior Product team members for professional development and mentorship opportunities, ultimately growing into a Senior Product Management role.
You enjoy empathizing with people: translating stakeholder and user’s unique needs and motivations into discrete problems to be solved by your team. Your communication and creative problem solving will help anticipate blockers and navigate the day-to-day while your understanding of digital products will help you advocate for high-quality strategy, design, and engineering work. Your focus on organization will help you manage Agile processes to support delivery from kickoff, launch, and through product growth. Finally, your comfort with details and ability to balance multiple, dynamic projects that range in size will help keep our teams on track, guiding projects to success.
What You’ll Do
- Day-to-day management of software engineering and design teams located both in and outside of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Serve as the main project point of contact for clients, bringing along key stakeholders, guiding swift decision-making, and ensuring client happiness throughout the engagement.
- Manage team to project outcomes, ensuring high-quality work that is on-time and budget, including supporting budget and scope, client reporting, invoicing, and staff allocation.
- Manage the roadmap and backlog of web products, such as modern content management system websites (e.g. Drupal, WordPress, Craft, Webflow, etc.) and custom web and mobile applications.
- Facilitate the design and engineering processes when needed. For example, you may support one of our designers in running a user test or managing user interviews.
- Implement and manage Agile practices, such as sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint demos, and retrospectives, to support delivery from kickoff through launch, and beyond.
- Anticipate, navigate, and facilitate creative solutions to project challenges and risks, including managing scope.
- Ensure high-quality and tested work that is delivered on-time.
- Commitment to the betterment of humanity. Passionate about designing and developing world-class products that make communities healthier and more resilient.
- 2+ years working within client contexts to deliver design and technology projects, either at a consulting firm, full-service digital agency, or similar environment and role. Experience managing stakeholders and projects for large, complex organizations.
- Experience in managing the design and development of content management systems including any of the following: Drupal, WordPress, Webflow, or CraftCMS as well as custom React web and mobile applications.
- Experience managing Agile methodologies in complex organizations. Ability to facilitate requirements from multiple stakeholders and prioritize them into a detailed feature backlog.
- Human-centered design approach to the work and the ability to balance user needs with client business constraints.
- Ability comfortably managed multiple ongoing projects towards success.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills, and facilitation skills. Able to keep track of many moving parts, while smoothly adapting to new information.
- Ability to empathize with, influence, and motivate individuals. Ability to stay calm and responsive under pressure, managing change fluidly.
- Willingness to work with some overseas design and engineering contractors and clients.
Nice to Have
- Scrum certified
- Located in the Bay Area
Exygy is a digital innovation studio on a mission to build resilient and healthy communities. We transform impact focused organizations through digital craftsmanship and design thinking. Some of our clients include: The UN World Food Program, the City of San Francisco, Google.org, Wikimedia Foundation, Skoll Foundation, Philanthropy University, and the Environmental Working Group. With a commitment to outstanding human-centered design and lean, standards-driven development, we work strategically and deliberately to create fantastic products that help our clients achieve their organizational goals.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY & COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Exygy values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Exygy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees and contractors of Exygy are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.