Appalachian Mountain Club · Boston, MAProduct Health & Well-Being Environment $70000 - $80000 Per Year Posted 1 week ago
Reports to: Director of Digital Marketing & Experience
Founded in 1876, the Appalachian Mountain Club (www.outdoors.org) is the oldest conservation, education and recreation organization in the United States. The AMC promotes the protection, enjoyment, and wise use of the mountains, rivers and trails of the Appalachian region. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies, and procedures.
The Product Manager will be a central figure in defining and executing the product strategy, vision, roadmaps, and requirements for the Appalachian Mountain Club’s websites and digital products, including, but not limited to the AMC website, chapter websites, programs registration system, online store, community portal, and the online lodging system.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a product management role where they initiated data driven user experience improvements, collaborated with development teams to implement products, and worked closely with senior management to drive product prioritization. You will be responsible for maintaining and owning the platforms and features that deliver content and experiences to our vast network of guests, program participants, volunteers, constituents, and members.
You will partner with internal development teams to translate product vision into solutions that drive business results. The role requires tactical, hands on product management experience with a direct to consumer website/product. The role will assist in defining the roadmap and act as an advocate for both constituents and business priorities.
Candidates for this role will have a track record of turning complex problems into actionable plans, and enthusiasm for improving efficiencies and customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Own and manage execution against the product roadmap for set of key initiatives
- Synthesize product requirement specifications from a variety of internal and external stakeholders and convey product requirements by creating effective personas/user stories, functional requirements, wireframes and/or mockups.
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project, the development, implementation, and evolution of new capabilities.
- Use data and market research to understand the buyer & user personas that will be the basis for go to market planning and product design
- Work closely with operational teams to develop and enhance workflow processes and maximize the potential of existing product capabilities
- Drive cross-functional teams comprised of both business roles and technical development during the life cycle of product development
- Analyze priorities, maintains the product calendar and works with engineering to ensure that the development calendar is progressing according to plan
- Work with development teams to break down work into timelines and deliverables for efficient development and prioritization
- Partner with development on testing & implementation plans, as well as internal communications & deployment plans
- Partner with the UX/UI Designer or Agency to conduct user research and usability studies to understand how customers are interacting with the product and develop enhancements based on the results/ analysis
- Lead A/B testing efforts to optimize conversion funnels
- Evaluate competitive products & solutions and assist with positioning, core messaging, and pricing strategy
What we're looking for:
- 2-5 years product management experience with focus on digital and web products, experience in mobile product a plus
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Familiarity and experience with digital marketing concepts, practices and programs with a strong understanding of email, social, and web marketing a plus
- In-depth knowledge of web content management systems, web analytics, testing tools and other optimization methods. A strong working knowledge of CRM and Marketing Automation integrations is a big plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Basic understanding of the differences designing for iOS, Android, and Web
- Experience using various systems of record like JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Problem solver with ability to work independently, anticipate problems and suggest solutions
- Strong project management, problem solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across a wide variety of departments
- Ability to influence people to get things done without having direct authority over them.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or other degree in Marketing/ Product management/ Computer Science
Compensation and benefits:
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000
Group Health Plan: 73.2% employer paid
Optional Vision Insurance
Optional Dental Insurance
Group Life Insurance: 100% employer paid
Short Term/Long Term Disability Insurance: 100% employer paid
Matching 403(b): 4% with vesting schedule
Vacation: Four weeks accrued each year to start
Holidays: Ten paid holidays per year
Free use of AMC Destinations
Free annual AMC membership
Prodeals discounts on equipment and gear
Please include resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
AMC welcomes all qualified candidates to apply and we invite the full participation of all individuals currently underrepresented in the outdoor community. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals from racially and or ethnically diverse communities, individuals with disabilities, individuals from LGBTQ+ communities, and individuals who experience intersectionality with one or more of these identities.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons, or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.