QA Software Engineer
Heliogen · Pasadena, CA/Remote (USA)Engineering Environment Posted 6 days ago
As our first Software QA Engineer, you will ensure correctness and performance of the software that measures, controls, displays, and manages data for Heliogen concentrating solar thermal plants. You will help define and implement the methodology as well as the tools, tests, and processes.
You aspire to:
- Develop automation frameworks that allow the software organization to move fast with high confidence in the quality of our code.
- Invent new tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, test execution, and data analysis as part of our continuous integration and release system
- Test the code that controls our heliostats and power plants using multiple levels test environments: simulated hardware, hardware-in-the-loop, etc
- Perform hands-on integration and troubleshooting of hardware/software systems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar degree + 5 years work experience
- Experience building software test and automation systems, tools, and processes for hardware systems
- Experience as a technical lead for QA projects
- Experience testing software and hardware in a safety-critical industry
- A desire to use your superpowers for the good of the planet
- Experience at a startup or as one of the first members of the QA team that developed tools & processes from the ground up
- Experience building or working with real-time embedded systems
- Broader exposure to: reliability, release management, infrastructure, and automation