Data Scientist & Analyst Contractor
Understood · New York, NYData + Analytics Health & Well-Being Posted 6 days ago
Understood is dedicated to shaping the world for difference. Our programs focus on empowering people who learn and think differently, and those who support them, by offering customized, accessible resources and a compassionate community. To learn more about Understood and our programs, please visit: www.understood.org
About the position
As the “source of truth” across the organization, you perform analyses, design schemas, build event tracking and other internal data tools and communicate findings to inform product development and larger organizational strategy. Also, you conduct and evaluate onsite experimentation in collaboration with product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists and broader cross-functional teams. You maintain quality and documentation of on-platform data.
- Create, automate, and maintain dashboards that track engagement performance of Understood’s digital products
- Work with Data Engineering to prioritize data sources and QA pipelines
- Work with product and engineering squads to design and build event tracking for all product features
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers to design and analyze A/B tests to optimize product performance
- Present executive-facing reports with actionable insights and recommendations for product strategy
- Curate baseline onsite performance updates that frame and contextualize data metrics in a digestible way
- Maintain quality and documentation of onsite data
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Min. 3-5 years experience in data science or product analytics
- Proficient in SQL or Python and Excel skills
- Understanding of product engagement metrics, particularly for a content/media org
- Experience conducting and analyzing A/B tests
- Expertise with visualization tools, particularly Looker.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with both technical/data-proficient and non-technical teams
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability to apply for this position. Additionally, research has shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for roles unless they believe they meet all of the qualifications. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described as we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org.