Patagonia · Ventura, CADesign + UX Environment Posted 5 days ago
Experience Designers at Patagonia lead research, visual design systems, motion, and interaction standards to create products, services, and experiences that inspire or inform - regardless of whether it’s a website, app, software application, data-driven environment, connected device, or multi-channel service. In this position, you are able to bridge the gap between the functional product requirements and emotional desires of our customers, users, or constituents, the possibilities and constraints of the technology in play, and the context in which these come together.
As an Experience Designer, you can produce excellent work with minimal supervision, a collaborative teammate that makes others better at what they do, and a consultant who enjoys becoming a trusted advisor to our collaborators and stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct human centered research, including writing research plans and discussion guides, conducting open ended and generative qualitative research, facilitate participatory workshops and research sessions, and run evaluative and usability sessions.
- Drive the synthesis of research findings, and communicate those findings to inform clients, clarify and shape decisions, and make unexpected and breakthrough design work possible.
- In collaboration with visual designers and UX team, you will be responsible for maintaining and elevating Patagonia’s digital visual design system and interactive experiences.
- Iterative design environment, where you’ll bring wireframes, static and motion prototypes to life for user testing and front-end development
- Adapt the synthesis of research findings, and communicate those findings to inform clients, clarify and shape decisions, and make unexpected and breakthrough design work possible.
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct journey and ecosystem mapping activities, and articulate future service experiences through storyboards, service prototypes, and interaction blueprints.
- Conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, wireframing, prototyping, and documentation.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented and reflect design intent.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists and software developers.
- Support and mentor more junior designers.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally, visually, and in written form
Who You Are:
Passionate- About user-centered design and the desire to influence your own development –and that of your discipline. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Empathic- Solving problems requires a myriad of perspectives, methodologies and processes. Beyond all of that, you’re a human and possess a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and interpersonal skills.
Collaborative- As Yvon Chouinard writes in Let My People Go Surfing, “Our best efforts are collaborative, and the Patagonia culture rewards the ensemble player while it barely tolerates those who need the limelight.”
Inclusive- Deeply experienced in collaborating with others across difference and bringing in new perspectives and underrepresented narratives in the customer experience.
Organized- Put bluntly, you meet deadlines and help others meet them too. You manage details and keep projects on track using checklists, check-in meetings or whatever works.
Experience You Bring:
- Minimum 5 years of professional digital/ux design experience
- A strong and well-rounded foundation across research, service design, and digital product design, with deep expertise in at least one of these focus areas.
- Strong knowledge of user experience and interface design processes and methodologies particularly as applied to mobile apps and web-based experiences.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principle, Framer, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Someone who has an informed point of view on the tools we use in our work, and an awareness of the evolving state of digital tools.
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to articulate design intent to other members of the team, and project expertise and confidence to stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or comparable and relevant experience.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.