Pro Bono Net · New York, NY or Remote
Pro Bono Net is recruiting for a Product Manager to join our diverse and multidisciplinary team of attorneys, technologists and community engagement specialists working to advance equal justice. Pro Bono Net is a national nonprofit that brings the power of the law to all by building cutting-edge digital tools and fostering collaborations with the nation's leading civil legal organizations. As a member of our product team, you will work collaboratively to define and prioritize the product road map for LawHelp Interactive, manage product development and releases, and help drive new initiatives to respond to emergent needs.
LawHelp Interactive (LHI) is a national online platform and service that helps people without lawyers create free and accurate legal forms simply and easily, an essential step towards resolving a legal problem. It is also used by legal nonprofits, courts and social services organizations across the country to help people navigate the justice system and to make that system more accessible, responsive and person-centered. LHI interviews were used by more than a million people in 2020 and assembled more than 700,000 legal forms, the highest volume ever. These helped people to advocate for themselves on issues such as child support, domestic violence, debt collection, foreclosures, evictions and more.
This is a full-time position and will work with colleagues and collaborators across the country. Candidates who can regularly work out of our New York City office after it reopens are preferred, but we are open to applications from long-term remote candidates.
- Build and improve processes for collecting end user and key stakeholder feedback, creating requirements, and maintaining long-term roadmap
- Lead regular meetings to review, analyze and prioritize product backlog
- Oversee scope of work agreements with designers and technical subcontractors, as needed
- Enhance processes to ensure the quality of content posted to LHI, including working with technical collaborators and form developers to identify and resolve common issues with forms in LHI's collection
- Coordinate user testing of new features and content updates
- Deliver external communication materials and demos about product updates for court, legal aid and other justice community partners
- Produce product release notes, user guides and relevant marketing materials to support effective adoption of new features
- Supervise customer success staff providing HelpDesk, training and documentation support to ensure high-quality support
- Develop and guide implementation of an SEO strategy for LHI to increase the discoverability of high-quality, free online forms in search results
- Compile and report on KPIs to guide strategic vision and growth, and assist with compiling relevant data and documentation for funder reports
- Serve as project manager for special initiatives, as needed
- Maintain a broad understanding of emerging trends and products offered by competitors and other Pro Bono Net programs
- Participate in relevant PBN work groups and contribute to efforts to grow in-house product management expertise and practices
- At least 3 years of experience in product development or management (or a related discipline); experience working in legal or civic tech strongly preferred
- A team player with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with stakeholders to deliver solutions and outcomes that meet user needs
- Able to communicate the value of product features to diverse audiences and to convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude, including familiarity with user testing or co-design, UX/UI principles, API integration and SEO strategies
- Can manage high-priority initiatives from planning through execution, including long-term product strategy as well as delivery of iterative product improvements
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail in work product
- Able to thrive and be resourceful in a dynamic environment with new challenges
- Cultural competency awareness and ability to work effectively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team
- Ability to understand and assess needs of an end user community that ranges from legal professionals to low tech and low literacy users
- Demonstrated interest in the nonprofit, public interest or social justice sectors, and excitement to understand, learn and guide the development of current and new strategies that advance equal justice
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000 annually and includes a generous benefits package, including four weeks of paid vacation, 12 holidays, 100% employer-covered health, vision and dental insurance, a flexible work environment and other perks. You can expect to work with a collaborative team committed to making a positive impact in the world, and an opportunity to work on innovative initiatives across the country that help thousands of people each year solve life-changing legal issues.
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with "Product Manager - Tech Jobs For Good" in the subject heading. No calls please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only those offered interviews will be contacted.
About Our Hiring Process
Our interview process typically has three stages:
1.) A phone interview with our hiring manager to discuss the candidate's interests and answer any initial questions they may have
2.) A group interview via video-conference with members of our team
3.) An overview and discussion about our product, followed by a debrief with the hiring manager. We'll also request 2-3 professional references for finalists for the position.
Pro Bono Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, veterans, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people, and those with lived experiences in the communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply. We value applicants from diverse life and professional backgrounds, and believe an inclusive and representative workplace strengthens our programs, products, culture and impact.