American Prison Data Systems · New York, NY/Remote
Human Rights & Equality
EducationPosted 1 week ago
American Prison Data Systems (APDS) is Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a certified B-Corporation that provides educational software and technology to correctional facilities across the country. There are more than 2 million people incarcerated and more than 4.5 million paroled in the U.S. APDS provides tablet-based solutions for incarcerated learners and returning citizens in order to create better outcomes through individualized education, rehabilitation, and reentry programming to prepare them for a successful reentry to society. Investments in correctional education improve outcomes, reduce recidivism, and make correctional facilities safer for both staff and those who are incarcerated. APDS’s business model is to never charge incarcerated individuals or their friends and families for its technology or services. Our products and services are deployed in over 90 facilities across 17 states and growing.
Learn more at www.apdscorporate.com
APDS products consist of digital experiences and secure hardware for incarcerated learners, returning citizens and corrections staff. These products leverage digital content, learning management systems, and data analytics to produce outcomes-driven results.
The Product Manager will own key elements of strategy, execution, delivery, and growth for APDS’s platform that will accelerate APDS’s position as the transformative provider of digital programming services for justice-involved individuals. The product manager will report to the Director of Product and work closely with sales, development, implementation and support teams to analyze, define and manage product development.
The Product Manager will ensure that APDS prioritizes, builds, and delivers our product suite in a cohesive and timely manner to create growth and traction of our solution in Departments of Corrections, Jails, Parole, Probation and alternatives to incarceration across the country.
APDS is growing and we are looking for an experienced manager to roll up their sleeves to achieve the following outcomes:
1. Synthesize and refine the product strategy resulting in a robust product roadmap with clear timelines and delivery dates for all stakeholders
2. Drive the overall product roadmap that results in significant increases in product adoption and renewal
3. Expand and refine the product offering to increase engagement and measurable outcomes from use of the APDS platform
- Drive the product life cycle for assigned product(s), managing a dynamic product roadmap that is responsive to the market opportunities and disciplined in achieving our longer term product vision
- Develop high-quality documentation, including requirements, release notes, product training, user support, and sales support materials
- Work closely with Departments of Corrections and incarcerated learners to understand their requirements and needs and to communicate APDS’s product vision
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of the platform
- Define, prioritize, and release user product features in the form of user stories, requirements, and specifications
- Continually develop and refine an understanding of the market, end user, and customer needs
- Collaborate with Technology teams to develop products on tight delivery schedules
- Collaborate with other product teammates in feature definition, cross-product planning, and joint release planning
- Support go-to-market activities including launch planning
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years in B2B/enterprise Product Management with proven track-record in end-to-end management of bringing new value to market, including market analysis, ROI assessment, requirements development, product delivery, marketing development, sales alignment, and support
- Exceptional judgment in weighing the tradeoffs among time to market, budget, and product features that maximizes ROI
- Proven success working with and delivering to enterprise customers and/or large public jurisdictions (e.g., Departments of Education, Departments of Correction, or other public safety jurisdictions) with a focus on data integration, tracking, and reporting
- Very strong customer-facing communication, written and verbal
- Excellent project management skills, particularly the ability to handle multiple priorities, stakeholders and workstreams
- Experience and understanding of education in a correctional context preferred but not required
- Experience managing education platforms (e.g., learning management systems, student information systems, educational assessment and/or analytical systems) preferred but not required
Location and Travel
- New York City or remote.
- Travel: 2-3 times per quarter (post-COVID). Additional travel may be required for applicants outside of NYC.
Salary and Benefits
- ADPS offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
Basic Expectations for all APDS Employees
- Belief in APDS’s mission to reduce recidivism and improve the life chances of incarcerated learners and returning citizens
- Responsibility: Be on time for work; notify appropriate people if you will not be at work during your regular schedule. Be on time for meetings with staff and clients. Follow up on things on your plate; don’t expect others to remind you. Trust others to do the same. Take initiative if you realize something needs to be taken care of. We are a team; either do it yourself, or communicate with someone else about it.
- Clear, concise, and timely communication is essential.
- Respond to emails and voicemails promptly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, APDS is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic and experiential backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply.
American Prison Data Systems (APDS) is Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a certified B-Corporation that provides educational software and technology to correctional facilities across the country. There are more than 2 million people incarcerated and more than 4.5 million paroled in the U.S. APDS provides tablet-based education solutions for incarcerated learners and returning citizens in order to create better outcomes through individualized education, rehabilitation, and reentry programming to prepare them for a successful reentry to society. Investments in correctional education improves outcomes, reduces recidivism, and makes correctional facilities safer for both staff and those who are incarcerated. APDS never charges incarcerated individuals or their friends and families for its technology or services.
Learn more at www.apdscorporate.com
APDS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (Fully Covered Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Medical savings, Transit, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, APDS is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic and experiential backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply.