BMS Software Engineer
Hyliion · Cedar Park, TX
Hyliion is looking for a BMS Software Engineer to join our team in Cedar Park, TX. This full-time position offers the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing company that is revolutionizing the trucking industry. We are seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly motivated to revolutionize an industry, reduce the use of fuel and have some fun. You will be joining an experienced engineering team in the design, simulation, implementation and testing of electrical powertrain systems. In this role, you will be designing, implementing and testing BMS software as per requirements. Reports to BMS Manager.
- Design and implement high-quality embedded software for Class 8 truck battery systems which compliance to safety standards.
- Design and implement communication protocols (CAN, SPI, I2C).
- Self-motivated and collaborative with cross functional teams to architect, design and implement Best-In-Class Electrification products.
- Efforts will include creating requirements, specifications and test documents with Safety, Testing and Quality as critical elements from the start.
- Report and track issues from different testing environments. Also, analyze issues and clearly pinpoint of the issue from complex system and drive resolution actions.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the Hyliion CI/CD environment, which consists of automated build and regression testing in a simulated environment.
- Work with the team on our ISO26262 and ASIL C compliant development environment, as we drive electrification into the Class 8 trucking world.
- Develop and manage APQP documentation including FMEAs and DVP&Rs.
- Ensure that software aspects of Hyliion products, meet all necessary safety and emission compliance requirements.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively work with a team to solve problems and participate in code reviews.
- Expert in C code development, C++ exposure is desirable.
- Experienced with a scripting language such as bash or python.
- Expert in programming microcontrollers.
- Experienced with communication protocols such as CAN, SPI, I2C is desirable.
- Experienced with bootloader and application design is desirable.
- Ability to break down difficult problems into smaller sub-tasks.
- Experienced in design of protocols on top of various transport layers.
- Experienced developing low-level code for the control of hardware subsystems.
- Understanding of networking concepts is desired.
- Ability to read schematics is desired.
- Experienced with source control methodology and tools such as Git.
- Experienced with defect tracking systems such as Jira.
- Experienced with the agile development process.
- Familiarity with automotive industry and associated toolset expertise (FMEAs, DVP&Rs) is desirable.
- Strong follow-through and self-starting nature.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work well in a high-paced environment, set and meet appropriate deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime to ensure that deadlines are achieved on weekly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- Minimum five years of experience in software engineering.
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office.
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.