Principal Product Manager
The Democratic National Committee · New York, NY
Public Service & Civic EngagementPosted 4 days ago
User Experience Design (UX)
The Democratic National Committee’s Tech team is hiring a principal product manager to tackle the most difficult and important aspects of our product vision and strategy to support our diverse user base. We work closely with campaigns up and down the ballot to provide them data, tools and applications they need to win.
Who we are
We are a fully remote, distributed team living in 19 states and from a variety of backgrounds. Some of us have worked in political campaigns, others in public sector tech, and others in industry. We value diversity in perspective, lived experience, and the many paths one may take into working in political technology. We believe deeply in the promise of breaking the boom-bust cycle of political tech work and building technology infrastructure that will support campaigns from cycle to cycle and will improve with every iteration.
We are committed to equipping candidates and campaigns around the country with the resources they need to win. Our data warehouse and analytics tools is our product (‘Phoenix’), along with a suite of voting services applications and tools including IWillVote.com and voter protection software utilized by thousands of volunteers across the country each election cycle.
We are seeking a versatile and humble product manager to collaborate cross-functionally to work on our toughest product challenges, driving clarity for teams, refining product processes, and building strategic partnerships across DNC departments.
Lead the creation, execution and adoption of our roadmap in close collaboration with the product team, engineers, data analysts, data scientist, and community team.
Continuously work to improve our product development processes across functions.
Drive a user-centered approach to product development, generating customer insights to guide product vision and definition based on the needs of a diverse community of analysts and data scientists that can range from newcomers to the chief analytics officers of a senatorial or presidential campaign.
Create feedback loops in our products and pick the right metrics to measure whether we're actually solving real problems for our users.
Expand the DNC Tech Team's understanding of the various end users of Democratic data and ensure we're building the tools that best meet their needs.
What we will look for ..
- Have at least 5+ years experience as a product manager.
- Have experience partnering with, influencing, and driving buy-in from product teams (Product Management, Design, Engineering, UX Research, Data Science)
- Skilled at stakeholder management.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience distilling key functionality and benefits into product marketing messages
- Are curious, collaborative, and humble – ready to work with a diverse, distributed team to solve interesting problems together.
What we would be excited to see ..
- Electoral campaign experience, and specifically experience with political data, is not required, but is definitely a plus.
- Have a demonstrated track record in crafting compelling positioning and marketing content
- Feel comfortable with one or more of the following: SQL, Python, R, data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Periscope, Google Data Studio)
- Product marketing experience—defining value propositions to accelerate product adoption, building ‘wow’ and ‘how to’ content and go to market activities to excite, delight and onboard users.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.