Simons Foundation · New York, NY
SPARK is a national research study supported by the Simons Foundation that aims to recruit, engage and retain a community of at least 50,000 individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and their family members living in the United States. Participation in SPARK involves contributing medical and behavioral information online, mailing in saliva for genetic analysis, the option to have genetic findings related to autism returned, and consenting to be invited to participate in future research studies (re-contacting).
The SPARK Genomics team is returning genetic results to hundreds of eligible SPARK families annually. Returning genetic results requires the automation of different tasks in separate workflows, including consenting and assenting participants, data collection, data cleaning, monitoring sample collection and sample quality, tracking statuses of lab sequencing, lab confirmation, genetic analysis, and return of results. Families with results are then invited into Simons Searchlight [ simonssearchlight.org ], an international research study supported by Simons Foundation that collects natural history data for over 150 genetic conditions associated with autism. Various teams and tools are responsible for different steps involved in the process.
Reporting to the SPARK Group Product Manager, the Product Analyst will be responsible for working with the clinical and software development teams to guide the technical development of tools, dashboards, and automation involved in seamlessly and securely returning SPARK Genetic Results to eligible SPARK families.
The product analyst will be embedded within the SPARK product team and work closely with engineering, clinical, and data teams to work on the full lifecycle of product development for SPARK Genomics team. This individual will help plan and prioritize features, gather software requirements, document testing plans, and release notes and contribute towards the development of SampleTracker, an internal tool that tracks the sample from warehouse to participants to laboratory, return of results automation and dashboard and SPARK-to-Searchlight automation. The product analyst will be at the intersection of the various clinical and scientific teams within SPARK and Simons Searchlight, an external engineering team, and internal data and software engineering teams and contribute to the overall success of SPARK/Simons Searchlight.
- Work closely with the SPARK Genomics team at the Simons Foundation to conduct data analysis, collect participant feedback, and create use cases and user stories to maintain a pipeline of software development activities
- Draft software requirements for new features with technical specifications and data-driven predictions on participants and the study
- Collaborate with clinical team and data analysts to identify quantitative metrics and develop dashboard for monitoring and evaluating performance of the features
- Maintain a documentation library of requirements, test plans, product performance and update the documentation as required
- Work with engineering teams to identify and evaluate different technical solutions to meet functional requirements
- Support and work closely with testers to ensure conduct requirement testing, integration testing and to ensure implementation meets expectations and quality
- Drive project success by assuming project management responsibilities related to new workflows and features from concept to launch
- Bachelor's in computer science or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience as a business or product analyst or other data professional specializing in web, digital, mobile app, product, marketing, in healthcare, research or similar discipline
- Experience interacting with business users to understand and document business requirements for complex projects, as well as collaborating with technical teams across the full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- 1 – 3 years of experience with SQL
- Strong written and communication skills are a must with the ability to document complex business requirements
- Excellent with MS Office
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Interest in working with technology
- Database knowledge/understanding
- Python/R or other scripting language proficiency
- Data exploration and analyses (cohort analyses, long-term trends, funnels, user segmentation, regression models, and more) experience to find actionable insights and make product recommendations
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.