Civitech · Austin, TX/ Remote
Civitech works to create a more reflective democracy by developing technology and data products that help Democratic candidates run for office and win, empower progressive causes, and increase civic participation. We aim to make data and technology radically more available in service of strengthening our democracy. Since our founding in 2019 our technology has empowered voter registration efforts led by political campaigns and advocacy organizations to register over 1M voters, and we’ve supported organizations across the progressive political ecosystem.
The QA Manager will guide application testing to ensure that Civitech applications perform according to design, ultimately empowering our clients to win their campaigns and meet their outreach objectives.
It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the organizations we seek to serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and others otherwise underrepresented in the technology sector to apply.
What You Will Do:
- Define the scope of testing, testing plan, and test cases of each product
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Apply, collect, track, and report test metrics for all testing and provide testing status reporting
- Oversee the execution of integration, end-to-end, functional, performance, and acceptance testing
- Manage and deploy builds on test/staging environments for testing releases before deploying to Production
- Monitor all stages of software development to ensure quality standards
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Participate in all the Agile ceremonies
- Grow our QA team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 4+ years of experience in software testing
- Proficiency in QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and the product development cycle
- Proficiency in writing thorough tests
- Committed to leveraging technology and data products to help Democratic candidates run for office and win, empower progressive causes, and increase civic participation
Additional Qualifications (desired but not required)
- Experience with Angular/Typescript
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud platform
- Experience with mobile testing
- Experience with site reliability engineering
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary ($80,000 to $100,000 for Austin based hires) commensurate with location and experience. Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401k with employer match; generous paid vacation and sick time; and a competitive company stock option plan.
Civitech is headquartered in Austin, TX. The QA Manager can work in Austin or remotely in any US location. All employees are currently working remotely until it is safe to return to our office.
Civitech is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Civitech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.