Misfits Market · Philadelphia, PA
Misfits Market is a mission-driven company offering a more sustainable alternative to the traditional grocery store model. We’re a high-growth startup hyper-focused on making fresh, organic food more affordable for more people. Since 2018, we’ve rescued more than 80 million pounds of food and made it accessible to millions of subscribers across the country. Fixing a broken food system isn’t easy. It requires passionate and motivated problem-solvers ready to chart the course towards a future where food waste and exorbitant food costs don’t exist.
Misfits Market is looking for an Inventory Analyst to join the Finance team. Our Finance team is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, analysis, and consolidation of results for our two fulfillment centers in Delanco, NJ, and Salt Lake City, Utah This person will report directly into the VP of Finance and will have ownership of the analysis for end to end inventory process. As the Company continues to rapidly grow, so does the Finance team and the necessity to be agile in our work and quick with our analysis. You will help to ensure data accuracy across our inventory by building and executing metric reports. You will work across the business with Product, Marketing, Procurement etc. and have a strong attention to detail.
- Develop and execute daily, weekly, and monthly inventory metric reports.
- Monitor and maintain inventory accuracy, ensuring data is entered and correct.
- Monitor inventory variance trends to spot shrinkage and potential theft.
- Ensure warehouses complete weekly cycle counts, thoroughly investigates results, and clearly communicates with the team.
- Conduct necessary inventory adjustments following proper guidelines and communicates accordingly.
- Maintain/Build clear KPIs and reporting around Inventory Accuracy.
- Participate in cross-functional projects impacting inventory or purchasing.
- Helps to maintain an accurate item listings and details within our system
- Bachelor’s Degree (in applicable field preferred)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related field
- Driven, motivated, self-starter
- Highly detail-oriented person with superior organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast pace and dynamic office environment
- Ability to build and manage under short timelines and sometimes ambiguous circumstances
- Able to work in complex and growing work environments
- Experience implementing a wide range of change management and process improvement activities, based on broader organizational goals
- Prior experience in the operational business preferred but not required
- SQL a plus
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work location with remote availability
- Free Misfits Market subscription
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits