UX Researcher II
Renaissance · Remote
When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
The UX Researcher is responsible for bringing this mission to life by building empathy for students and educators throughout the product lifecycle. The Researcher will work with UX Designers, Product Owners, Product Managers, and Engineers to discover opportunities for future products and validate designs for product optimization. Teams will rely on the Researcher to translate research insights into powerful stories that will influence leader support for user-centered, forward-thinking goals.
In this role you will:
- Recommend appropriate research methodologies for generating needed insights at all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Act as a strategic thought partner and provide expert mentorship in leading, conducting, and synthesizing qualitative research projects. This includes in-person moderated testing, remote moderated and un-moderated testing, surveys, heuristic reviews, benchmark studies, and ethnographies.
- Lead synthesis and analysis of research findings. Analyze the insights from research sessions and identify key opportunities.
- Deliver findings to the team with a compelling, influential story.
For this role you must have:
- Degree in Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology or related field.
- Four years demonstrable experience practicing UX research.
- Experience working in an Agile environment or prioritizing multiple projects, teams and/or clients.
- Experience telling compelling stories from data.
- Education experience is a plus!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: $77500 -$106600. This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Generous Tuition & Professional Development Reimbursement
- 10+ paid holidays
- 2 Volunteer Days off yearly
- 14 weeks fully paid family leave
At Renaissance our mission is: “To accelerate learning for all children and adults of all ability levels and ethnic and social backgrounds, worldwide.” Inherent in a mission that strives to serve “all children and adults” who represent “all ability levels...and backgrounds,” is the need to recognize the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented minorities will only apply to roles if they feel they meet all of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage you to break through that statistic. Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need into the future. NO ONE ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We hope you're open to learning new skills in order to grow with us. We are also committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview. Please reach out to us if you need to request accommodations. Make our team, your team!