Senior Mobile Product Designer
Galileo · New York, NY
Galileo is looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead the design of our patient experiences across iOS, Android and web.
What You'll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our patient's needs—practicing empathy at every step while creating products for users who are concerned, sick, or in pain.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from our marketing, engineering, operational and clinical care teams to redefine the way patients receive care.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end design process, choosing the right tools at the right moments for definition, ideation, and validation.
- Work closely with engineers to evolve and expand our design system across platforms.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of related experience. Early stage startup experience is a major plus.
- Shipped multiple, consumer-facing products, including native products on iOS and/or Android.
- A highly refined aesthetic sense and a knack for interaction. You design products that not only meet user needs, but are delightful and engaging.
- A user-focused design approach. You are constantly challenging your own assumptions and crave feedback through research and metrics.
- You are an effective communicator but low ego. You make space for all voices to be heard and you champion the best ideas regardless of their source.
- You are a team player who is always happy to step out of your normal role when there is a need that requires your help.
- You are organized, autonomous, and responsible. You take ownership of every detail of your work and follow through on your commitments.
- You are passionate about creating digital products that have a positive impact on the health and welfare of their users.
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds and experiences—including but not limited to—gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, and other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence and sound decision-making—one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they're looking for so we can ensure it's a fit on both sides.