Nautilus Labs · New York, NY
Nautilus is building artificial intelligence to advance the efficiency of ocean commerce. We deliver technology to help shipping companies minimize fuel consumption, maximize operational efficiency, and optimize fleet performance. By arming ship owners and operators with real-time predictive decision support, Nautilus is reducing greenhouse gas emissions and making global trade sustainable.
Ocean shipping consumes over $100 billion dollars of fuel every year, and up to 30% of it can be saved. For owner-operators, reliance on manually collected and analyzed data makes it difficult to optimize fleet performance in real-time. By providing a unified data platform that leverages machine learning, Nautilus helps its clients make better decisions to maximize the return on each ship and every voyage. For our clients, this means they drive closer collaboration, greater transparency, and stronger accountability across their global teams every day.
Client Success owns the client relationship post-sales. The team's goal is to maximize client value with every interaction including pre-sales support, ship activation, onboarding/training users, uncovering valuable data insights, monitoring client health, and identifying upsell opportunities. The team consists of client success managers who work with a set of named accounts, deployment specialists who handle ship integrations, and industry specialists who use the tool to derive insights to help clients optimize their fleets. Together these teams are responsible for empowering our clients to become expert users and achieve amazing results.
We are looking for a data analyst who is highly analytical, personable, communicative and has a proven track record of delivering actionable insight. They will work in a challenging and dynamic environment where their analysis will facilitate key business decisions and influence fleet movements around the world.
Outcomes For This Role.
- Construct useful frameworks and analyze data from ship voyages, chartering contracts and existing performance models to derive strategic insights that will improve ship and fleet performance
- Compile and analyze data from multiple internal and potentially external sources
- Identify patterns and trends that can be communicated to the team and collaborate with the Data Analytics team to influence new performance models.
- Develop strong Voyage Optimization expertise to provide daily inputs to clients
- Work with the client Success Manager on an account to identify quantitative and compelling stories on the value delivered by the platform
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (eg. math, science, engineering, economics, etc )
- 2+ years working in data mining, analysis, report building, data visualization and insights delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain technical insights to technical and non-technical groups
- Flexible critical thinking and analytical skills with an ability to find drivers behind the data
- Inquisitive to dive deep into data and models to investigate anomalies
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Experience working on python scripts would be a plus
- Familiarity with APIs would be a plus
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, across time zones and providing timely updates to internal stakeholders
- Effective organizational skills, Works well under time pressure
- Self motivated and resourceful, ready to learn new skills along the way
- Shipping industry experience with strong preference for a background in a performance or operations role would be a plus.
Our Core Values.
Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by environmentalism and a future where shipping is sustainable and safe. A team member joining Nautilus is...
- We’re THOUGHTFUL, with a bias towards action.
- We’re an INCLUSIVE crew, and we are not passengers along for the ride.
- We’re DIRECT and we ask the tough questions.
- We EMPATHIZE with humanity.
Location: Applicants Must Be Able To Commute To Our Office In Manhattan (New York, NY)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.