Swiftly · Remote
Human Rights & EqualityPosted 3 days ago
Swiftly is a mission-driven company and a big data platform for transportation. The platform weaves data analytics, intuitive visualizations, and real-time predictive technologies into applications that drive smarter decisions for public transit agencies. Today, over 5,500 transit professionals in over 90 cities across the globe use Swiftly to improve transportation for over 1.5 billion passenger trips per year.
Sales at Swiftly
The Swiftly Sales team shares our work with prospective customers, mainly transit agencies, in compelling, human ways. We challenge ourselves and one another to approach old problems in new ways, and we embrace failures as learning opportunities - if you’re not failing occasionally, you’re not putting yourself in a position to succeed! The team cares deeply about the problem we’re solving, so we empathize with and listen to our customers to build partnerships and deepen our value proposition. We thrive with constraints, getting creative to execute on a variety of deliverables in collaboration with other teams. Lastly, while we love to win, we know that the best means to that end on a broad scale is to support our colleagues and win as a team. #LI-remote
About the Role
The Proposal Writer position is a vital part of the Swiftly’s Sales team, working with the Procurement Manager to support all proposal, bid, and other similar needs that drive the revenue of the company. You will work closely with Sales and Renewals, as well as subject matter experts from across the company, to craft compelling and competitively positioned proposal responses for transit agencies around the world.
What you'll do
- Source and review RFPs/RFQs and other Sales proposal/SOW requests
- Continually look for ways to improve the quality of our proposal submissions, as well as our proposal tools and processes.
- Collect and organize proposal-related information, including project descriptions, resumes, proposal language, and more. This information should be kept up-to-date, well-written, sensibly organized, cleanly formatted, and easily accessible in Loopio.
- Help to enforce Swiftly’s go/no-go process with the goal of allocating resources to the highest probability pursuits.
- Manage and lead simultaneous proposal responses from start to finish.
- Work with team members/SMEs across the company, as well as teaming partners, to develop required proposal information.
- Produce work of the highest quality and accuracy; produced materials should be well-written, cleanly and consistently designed, and give off an overall impression of expertise, good taste, and professionalism.
- Research and write original material, including project descriptions, resumes, technical language, and more; writing should be clear and compelling while Edit materials produced by proposal team members/SMEs, with an eye toward clarity, consistency, accuracy, and adherence to RFP requirements.
- Provide any kind of necessary support, including packaging, shipping/delivering proposal packages.
- Work collaboratively with product marketing on competitor analysis and positioning.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess common sense and intelligence, get along well with others, be an excellent writer and editor, possess efficient work habits, excel in managing multiple projects and deadlines concurrently, and be a dependable self-manager.
Our ideal hire will have 1-3 years of experience in proposal writing for SaaS/software in B2B/B2G contexts, particularly with experience writing for government or public sector customers. Bonus if your experience is in the public transportation industry!
You will also:
- Have knowledge of the public transportation landscape including public transport authorities and operators or a strong desire to learn.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to foster internal feedback loops (i.e. between sales, marketing, product, customer success, etc.)
- Work successfully under multiple strict deadlines.
- Have demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent projects and working cross-functionally with many different organizational stakeholders.
Beyond the Skills:
- We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work environment
- 17 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2021
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
- Why are you passionate about mobility?
- What interests you about Swiftly?
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.