Association of American Medical Colleges · Washington, DC
Who we are:
The Association of American Medical Colleges is a not-for-profit association dedicated to transforming health care by supporting the entire spectrum of medical education, medical research, and patient care conducted by our member institutions. We are dedicated to the communities we serve and steadfast in our goal to improve the health of all. The AAMC strives to make a positive impact not only in your career, but in your life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which features:
- Significant employer 403(b) contribution
- Public transportation subsidy
- Generous paid time off program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program that includes: discounted gym membership, onsite yoga and sponsored sports teams
Why us, why now?
The Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS®) is the centralized online application service students use to deliver their application to residency programs. ERAS streamlines the residency application process for applicants, their Designated Dean's Offices, Letter of Recommendation authors and program directors. ERAS includes four individual, but connected, applications developed to serve the needs of each user group involved in the application process and provide impartial, confidential transmission of applications to programs.
The ERAS Product Manager has a technical acumen in software development, will assist translating and defining business requirements, and will be working with cross-disciplinary teams to ensure that requirements are accurate, sufficiently detailed and supported by market needs. This role will engage with these partners and users to better understand our user's needs and translate that into the product's roadmap, user stories, and opportunities. You will bridge the technical and business worlds designing features that our users love. The Product Manager has a strong desire to build and deliver a world-class, web based suite of products that support AAMC mission.
How will you make an impact?
- Lead, plan and track all phases of the product life cycle, from inception to introduction into the marketplace.
- Establish product specifications and coordinate with various functions, including IT and Design to ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Develop clear-written materials to support product development activities such as operations, maintenance or repair manuals, tutorials, specifications and help systems.
- Interview technical staff to collect product information and specifications.
- Lead and manage the work with cross-functional teams in IT and the business unit to define and design new features and products and make our existing products even better.
- Responsible for product's roadmap and establishing strategic goals and optimization initiatives that express your product's vision; collaborate with product leadership to align the roadmap with organizational goals and prioritization of features, innovations, and opportunities.
- Discovers, develops and evaluates new product ideas, enhancements to existing products or strategic product extensions, and translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
- Write and define our business requirements and user stories, utilizing experience in Agile, SCRUM methodology.
- Collaborate with the IT development team and UX Services to help determine the best implementation approach.
- Identify and manage risk for the overall implementation, develop and execute mitigation strategies.
- Produce innovative, simple solutions to design and features issues.
- Design use cases, user flows, and other artifacts that define user and product goals for cross-functional teams.
- Work with user interface designers to create experiences user derive value from and consistent UI/UX.
- Assist the relationship building with external audiences.
- Work with cross-functional teams to innovate, define, and design new products.
- Balance and coordinate efforts to optimize the user experience of various ERAS applications that have specific target audiences.
- Monitor and measure launched software products and features; incorporate the findings back into the product development process.
- Help diagnose and resolve production support issues.
- Work closely with the technical development and operations team to analyze production issues, impact, resolution options, and timeline to fix.
- Communicate software product plans, benefits, and results to internal partner and customers/users.
- Conduct competitive market analysis.
What will you bring to the role?
- A Bachelors and 5-7 years of experience is required.
- Preferred certifications: CSPO, PMP, PMI-ACP, SaFE PO/PM, CSM, or Pragmatic Marketing PM Certification.
- Software development and product development/management experience preferred.
- Professional experience with business analysis, product requirements, strategic product road mapping, use cases and user stories.
- Experience working multiple interdependent software products or a suite of software products.
- Experience in Agile software development (SCRUM preferred).
- Proven use of data and user analysis to drive discovery and to make product decisions.
- Understanding of design thinking and other user focused product management frameworks.
- Past professional experience as a UX or UI Designer, engineer, data analyst, or UX researcher is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative, and integrity.
- Knowledge of product and software development software products, (MS Project, MS Visio, Basecamp, Confluence, Jira).
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is flexible to react to changing priorities with the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is critical.
- Self-motivated to drive initiatives from end-to-end.
- High attention to detail in language, usability, and design.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of project teams.
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Can do attitude – willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenges head-on.
- Works well in a matrix environment.
- Passion for building great products.
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.