Staff Software Engineer (MES) - Full Stack
Zume · Remote (USA)
Food & AgriculturePosted 3 months ago
About the jobWho We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
Zume is leveraging its molded fiber technology to create high-speed high-volume manufacturing solutions to the manufacture of Medical Devices.
Zume is building best in class automation to build factories that will produce molded fiber products to speed the transition away from plastics. You will be part of a diverse team that enables operations, maintenance, process, quality and other teams to achieve best OEE for the machines and as well as the factories.
You will work in fast paced and dynamic environment to build, test & deploy highly scalable, reliable, available and secure applications with focus on UI/UX working with various disciplines within the interconnected factories, warehouses and logistics through best in class SAAS products for Zume and it’s partners.
You have a proven background in client-server architecture and distributed systems in both single- and multi-tenant applications. You have an eye for detail and can build highly-optimized, thread-safe API's consumed by thousands of clients. You are someone who is passionate about handling business complexities and cross-platform complexities in the system. You can mentor and provide technical leadership for Jr. Engineers on the team.
- Work with various stakeholders to identify and document current gaps and future needs within the factories
- Architect, design and develop applications for Zume as well as it’s partners
- Architect and build integrations between MES and other ERP functions like PLM, Demand Planning, Inventory, Material Planning Build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Build systems for quick test & deployment of new features and bug-fixes across multiple factories and customers Mentor junior engineers
- Excessively document the architecture and design of systems and functionalities
- Lead design and code reviews
- Support issues and live troubleshooting in the factory
- 10 + years of relevant industry experience, with 7+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- HTML5, CSS/SASS, Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP Excellent understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control Expertise in CI/CD, Git merge/branch, pull request
- Expertise in Python, RestAPI, SQL/PostgreSQL or similar
- Experience in building applications for manufacturing is a plus
- Experience in Azure cloud, kubernetes, etc is a plus
- BS or MS or Phd in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Sponsorship: Not available for this position
- Location: Remote with up to 10% travel to factories
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.