Mind Research Institute · Remote (USA)
About the job
Are you passionate about transforming math education? MIND Research Institute is seeking a Product Manager to participate in the creation of new products and features that help our organization and our school partners achieve our mission. We are the creators of ST Math, a breakthrough approach to learning mathematics using spatial temporal models embedded into interactive puzzles based on neuroscience and the way the brain learns. In this role you will help chart the future of our ST Math product line by assisting in collecting and analyzing customer research and product data, defining product requirements, creating product documentation for internal stakeholders, and coordinating and communicating releases across the organization.
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- Are you passionate about changing math education and applying technology to impact it at scale?
- Are you curious about why people use products and how we can make them even better?
- Are you a whiz at finding ways to communicate ideas so that others understand the idea and are excited about it too?
- Are you committed to empowering a diverse audience of educators by integrating principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion into the education experience?
- Are you ready to apply your talents to solve problems and also humble enough to learn from your own mistakes?
Did you answer, Yes! Or even, Absolutely! To the above? Great! Lets get down to specifics of what you'll do.
- Ensure organizational readiness of the launch of new product features:
- Communicate with project stakeholders to drive execution on product initiatives.
- Coordinate across the organization to create internal resources necessary for product launch.
- Conduct product demonstrations of features and functionality to marketing, sales and support teams.
- Partner with product leadership to ensure organizational readiness of the launch of product releases.
- Update project plans and reports for executive leadership.
- Be the go-to person for the field team:
- Support Education Success, Empowerment, and Marketing in the development of feature descriptions and new release content.
- Monitor and respond to field team Slack channels and other feedback mechanisms (Feedback, FAQs, etc.).
- Lead the triage of product feedback to drive insights for the roadmap.
- Contribute to problem and solution discovery to define new features and functionality:
- Define business requirements for new features and functionality
- Coordinate with UX Researchers to conduct internal stakeholder and customer interviews and research.
- Develop and run experiments to validate concepts.
- Coordinate acceptance testing of new features.
- Assist in the creation of product roadmaps and project plans to chart the course and execute on product strategy.
- Gather and analyze product usage data and survey results.
- Coordinate with UX and UI Designers, Engineering and Business Stakeholders to develop solution concepts.
Perform additional related duties as assigned, within your scope of practice.
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- A passion and desire for MINDs mission, ST Math and our approach to math education.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including being detail oriented and a logical thinker.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to solve novel problems.
- The ability to analyze data and conduct root-cause analysis.
- Exceptional project management skills and a proven track record of delivering according to schedule.
- Demonstrated writing capacity to translate complex/technical ideas to varied audiences.
- Outstanding presentation and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the K-12 education market.
Join us in our continuous quest to grow a diverse and extraordinarily innovative workforce! We are a team of lifelong learners who enjoy growing together while creating experiences for students who will become our future problem-solvers! Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team.
This position will report to the VP-Product and can be based anywhere in the United States, as long as its not too far from an airport and you don't mind turning on your webcam to build a rapport, even from a distance. When schools allow visitors again, the person in this role will visit our schools to talk with our educators and students using the program (up to 25%). You may also have to take a trip to sunny Southern California 1-2x a year (when it is safe to do so).