Data & BI Analyst
412 Food Rescue · Pittsburgh, PA
Approximately one-third of all food produced in the world is lost or wasted while one in nine people is experiencing food insecurity. The production of this unutilized food also generates about 8% of global greenhouse gas emissions annually.
412 Food Rescue was founded as a direct response to this disconnect between food waste, hunger and environmental sustainability. Through our innovative technology platform, Food Rescue Hero, and partnerships with food retailers, nonprofit organizations, and local volunteers, we transport millions of pounds of healthy food directly to those experiencing food insecurity.
We are seeking a Data & BI Analyst to join our team and use their skills to help fight food waste and hunger.
- Manage a portfolio of planned and ad hoc data projects. Process requests, prioritize projects, create delivery timelines, and communicate with stakeholders.
- Provide reports to support our organization’s quarterly and annual reporting cycles.
- Lead our impact measurement efforts, including: data gathering, surveying, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain dashboards to track business performance, operations, and partner satisfaction metrics. Synthesize data from multiple sources. Work with internal teams to interpret data, make recommendations, and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Analyze existing data sets to create reports, dashboards, and visualizations as needed.
- Provide data support to the product team. Provide analysis and insights to inform product decisions. Help define data requirements and data models for new feature development.
- Own overall data quality. Ensure accuracy throughout the process of gathering, organizing, cleaning, and warehousing data. Implement best practices, new tools, and process improvements as needed to improve data quality organization-wide.
- Act as the go-to data expert for the organization. Maintain documentation to educate internal teams and enable smooth collaboration.
- 2-3 years experience in a data analysis role
- Degree in a quantitative field: Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Engineering
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools like: Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Strong research & analysis skills
- Passion for community impact and social justice work
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment: prioritization, collaboration, problem-solving, and execution.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The position will require working in an office atmosphere (412FR team members work remotely during COVID, but are welcome to use the 412FR office anytime), based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Nice to have:
- Operations, supply chain and/or food retail environment experience
- Social enterprise or tech for good experience
- Startup experience
- Proficiency in Python/R
- Experience with Chartio or similar products
We appreciate all application interests, however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to all inquiries.
As an equal opportunity employer, 412 Food Rescue considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, sexual orientation, familial status, genetic information or any other characteristic or protected classes as defined by federal, state, or local law.