Full Stack Engineer
Aetion · New York, NY
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
Our Fullstack Engineer is one of the critical leaders of our Platform Engineering team in creating modular, scalable and efficient client web applications. As a member of a rapidly expanding organization our Fullstack Engineer will need to be able to cross boundaries easily and work collegiately with other highly effective individuals. Defining the problem, creating a roadmap and executing to achieve results is crucial. This is an exceedingly challenging role, but as a result the opportunity to learn and make a difference is incredibly high.
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application
- Develop highly performant and scalable components able to handle large amounts of data
- Assess where we need to build custom UI components versus externally available libraries
- Collaborate closely with our product, design and science teams to understand the needs of our clients
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience as a full stack or front end developer, along with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- In-depth knowledge of RESTful API design
- Experience working with distributed, service oriented systems
- Deep expertise working with a client facing web stack
- Experience with Java or similar object-oriented programming language
- Experience in performance optimization
- High proficiency with front-end frameworks such as React/Redux, Angular or similar
- Agile Methodology experience including extreme programming (XP) practices, such as pair programming and TDD/BDD
- Have product sense to drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability and simplicity
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 4% 401(k) match, and unlimited PTO
- Awards – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston and Built In New York 2021 Best Places to Work
- Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 of 2021
- Top 10 employers on Fast Company’s 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators
- CB Insights Digital Health 150 The Digital Health Startups Transforming The Future Of Healthcare
- 2020 Databricks Data Team for Good Award
- Parity.org’s 2020 Best Companies for Women to Advance
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.