Daily Harvest · New York, NY/Remote
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, and delivering highly scalable and innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business and our customers.
We’re expanding our Services team and bringing on an additional Software Engineer to help build the platform that enables us to take care of food. As a member of our software engineering organization, you’ll be part of a team that crafts and ships the code that powers our entire business -- from robust microservices, to code that interfaces with our shipping providers, to inventory and operations management at scale. You’ll be joining a group of inspired engineers who enjoy working together.
What you’ll do:
- Take part in designing, estimating and implementing new and refactored software services on the platform securely, reliably and at scale. Contribute to the quality of design and implementation of software components
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to contribute to the technical design and development of projects with major company impact
- Work with internal tech teams to build platform elements required to support key product features
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with product owners and other members of the digital product team to develop best-of-breed digital experiences that meet the needs of our users and drive our business objectives
Who you are:
- Education, training or experience equivalent to a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- 2+ years of professional experience with software development
- 2+ years experience with Python, Ruby, NodeJS, or equivalent high level programming language
- Familiarity with modern cloud platforms, like Google Cloud or AWS, and their associated technologies
- Experience with Agile software development and JIRA
- Experience with RDBMS or NoSQL data stores
- Plus if you have experience working with modern cloud based microservices architectures
- Experience with caching solutions (e.g. Redis, ElastiCache) and messaging/queuing protocols/systems such as Kafka/AMQP/RabbitMQ/SQS is preferred
- Bonus if you have experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.