Junior Full Stack Software Engineer
Misfits Market · Philadelphia, PA/Remote
Misfits Market is a mission-driven company offering a more sustainable alternative to the traditional grocery store model. We’re a high-growth startup hyper-focused on making fresh, organic food more affordable for more people. Since 2018, we’ve rescued more than 80 million pounds of food and made it accessible to millions of subscribers across the country. Fixing a broken food system isn’t easy. It requires passionate and motivated problem-solvers ready to chart the course towards a future where food waste and exorbitant food costs don’t exist.
We are now seeking a Junior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team, working on our logistics platform. As a Junior Software Engineer at Misfits Market, you will be responsible for maintaining and iterating on all parts of our logistics platform. This system powers our inbound and outbound shipping network.
- Maintain our existing logistics platform, which handles inbound and outbound routing from our network of warehouses.
- Develop flexible solutions to meet business needs, drive down technical debt and defects, and write adaptable code.
- Collaborate with the Logistics team to review requirements, feasibility, and scope of new projects for the platform.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or related degree or experience
- 1-3 years of experience developing software in a production environment
- A proven track record of working in fast-paced environments
- A solid understanding of the modern web stack
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with React
- Experience with AWS
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work location with remote availability
- Monthly Stipend for Misfits Market
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Annual Learning & Development Stipend
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits