OCLC · Remote (USA)
You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Ability to analyze, debug, and solve problems in a service-oriented environment
- Perform high level analysis and design software for new and existing systems
- Participate in unit, system & acceptance testing by designing tests, building test data, along with making recommendations/improvements/fixes to the tested system
- Participate in developing techniques, practices and ideologies that foster innovation and result in re-usable, testable solutions
- Execute with speed and agility to provide solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goal
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science related discipline
- 1-2 years of mobile software development experience for the iOS Platform
- Coding skills in Objective-C and SWIFT
- Familiarity with REST APIs, XML and JSON
- Working knowledge of Mac OS and Apple iOS.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
Technologies in use
- Apple XCode, Objective-C, Swift 5.0+
- JSON, XML and REST APIs
- Google Firebase Platform and Analytics
- Bitbucket and Atlassian Products/Services