DroneSeed · Seattle, WA
EnvironmentPosted 2 months ago
Our mission is simple: Make reforestation scalable to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. DroneSeed is transforming a 300-million-acre global landscape deforested since the 1990s. It would take 300-years to replant this deficit with current tools.
Our technology speeds up the process. DroneSeed uses heavy-lift drone swarms to reforest at scale after 🔥. We cut time to reforest from 3 years to 3 months. We’ve pioneered the drones and the backend required to operate swarms as a delivery solution over rough terrain. We survey sites and deliver to targeted areas of soil proprietary seed vessels that boost seed survival. Utilizing carbon credits, we double landowner investment in 18 months addressing the financial barriers to reforestation.
- Passionate about the environment and combating climate change
- Ability to dive deep on critical technical areas and own them — discover root problems, what solutions exist, which ones should we use, and why
- Work best collaboratively - reviewing solutions, mentoring earlier career engineers, working with product managers, designers, data scientists, and domain experts
- No-ego output — welcoming of good faith, constructive criticism
- Build solutions that are functional, tested, understandable, and reliable
- Four-year/advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Information Technology, a related field, or consummate independent experience.
Some things we work on
- Multiagent aircraft/deployment mission planning systems
- Uncrewed aircraft platform design, construction, integration, and maintenance
- Tooling for logistical planning and land management prescriptions
- Remote sensing data analysis and automation
- Distributed log collection and centralization
- Seed enablement technology and bioinformatics
How we work
- We are a centralized tech team, and not officially embedded in other departments
- A process that prioritizes clean code, peer review, rigorous testing, and reliability
- A focus on user stories with dynamic (Kanban) style prioritization
A plus if you have experience with
- Forest science, silviculture, biology, environmental science, or related work
- Uncrewed and autonomous systems
- Hardware-software integration
Benefits of working at DroneSeed:
We're focused on making a positive impact on the environment. We value a highly diverse team, have a supportive and collaborative office culture conveniently located in north Seattle (Ballard). Taking care of your health comes first. We cover 75% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums. We have a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need; we don’t track vacation or sick time.
Candidates must be eligible to work at DroneSeed HQ in the Ballard Brewery District of Seattle, WA. DroneSeed is an equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team. If you’re deeply committed to our mission and ready to bring your problem solving skills to teams focused on multi-vehicle, heavy-lift drone operations in some of the world’s most challenging terrain environments, we’d love to speak with you.