Lead Product Manager
brightwheel · San Francisco, CA/Austin, TX/Remote
EducationPosted 3 months ago
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s mission is to transform early education for every teacher, child, and parent — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a highly distributed team supporting fully remote employees across every time zone in the US. We also have hubs in Austin, Denver, and San Francisco. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced Lead Product Manager to oversee a business-critical area of brightwheel’s product. You will own setting the strategy for your area, and will lead your team to execute the highest priority initiatives that will drive business impact. Brightwheel is in a period of massive growth — we have an incredible opportunity to scale our platform, and we need your critical thinking, creative problem solving, and product management skills, combined with your leadership, personal drive and results-oriented mentality to be successful.
We take an iterative approach to product development, and hold a high bar for quality — we will look to you to help bring impactful experiences to our customers quickly, and to measure impact to improve those experiences based on insights. To be successful, you will work closely with partners across various functions, including engineering, design, marketing, sales and support. This is a great opportunity to have a major impact, while shaping the future of education.
- Develop a deep understanding and empathy for our admin and parent customers; use those personas to inform everything you do
- Define a strategy for your product area that aligns with where the company is headed and would result in meaningful business impact
- Define measurable objectives and key results that will give your team focus, and ensure they are working on the right problems
- Create and maintain a prioritized pipeline of opportunities, making sure the most important initiatives are properly scoped and resourced
- Lead your product area with an iterative, outcome-oriented approach; build collaborative, healthy relationships that yield results
- Apply deep critical thinking to thorny problems; ask the hard questions and translate insights that will enable your team to come up with the right solutions
- Partner closely with cross-functional colleagues throughout the product development process to ensure maximal output
- Leverage data and analysis to uncover new problems and to identify opportunities to improve existing products
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-7+ years of Product Management experience or the equivalent- creating, launching, and iterating on consumer-facing products
- Strong technical and business acumen, with experience leading healthy product teams
- Deep user empathy and experience, bringing together user research, insights & data
- Proven ability to break down problems and translate them into clear, focused solutions
- A strong track record of scoping, launching, and growing high impact products
- Demonstrated ability to roll up your sleeves (no task too big or too small!) and move quickly to achieve outcomes
- Strong team player: support + collaborate with ease across engineering, design, and other functions
- A passion and drive for improving the world through education and technology
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.