Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
Capsule Pharmacy · New York, NY
Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and to push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer at Capsule, you will be responsible for building features and user interfaces that enable a seamless customer experience. You will work closely with the logistics and operations teams to design and develop software to enable them to deliver medication precisely and efficiently. You will work closely with pharmacists to design and develop software that enables them to scale up the number of prescriptions they are able to safely and efficiently fill, making free same-day delivery of medication available to more and more people.
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Capsule’s applications targeting diverse categories of end users including: pharmacists, logistics personnel, product/business-operations, customer service agents, and patients.
- Architect efficient and reusable front end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Learn new languages & frameworks and contribute code to other layers of our stack.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have a thorough understanding of React & Redux and their core principles, and how to deliver a great mobile web application experience.
- You have 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts such as layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- You have 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.