Senior Full-Stack Developer
Marigold Health · Remote (USA)
Health & Well-BeingPosted 4 months ago
Apply Your Skills to Scale A Virtual Treatment Program Nationally
Marigold Health is looking for a senior full-stack developer to build, implement, and scale the platform powering our virtual treatment program. This is a FT opportunity reporting to our Chief Product Officer. Candidates can reside anywhere in the US and should expect periodic travel to our HQ in Boston.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard.
We have designed an asynchronous-first treatment program where patients support each other. We believe peers, individuals in recovery themselves who have received training to support others, can empower & engage those least likely to engage with current forms of care.
Our program is a combination of 1-1 coaching and 24/7 anonymous chat support groups accessed over phone, SMS, and app/web. On the backend, proprietary natural language processing tools scale our peer workforce by augmenting group moderation, automating patient outreach, and sending sentiment-based “alerts” to coordinate care with other providers.
Following strong results from our first clinical studies, we are entering a period of rapid growth, and expect to expand from 2 states today to 12 by this time next year.
Benefits & Perks
- Save lives by deploying a first-of-its-kind treatment model
- Intellectually Challenging: you’ll design, develop, and maintain the full gamut of our existing applications and codebase, ranging from a mobile social network to a HIPAA-compliant backend
- Continuous Learning: Contribute to and gain from a diverse, interdisciplinary team that includes clinicians, data scientists, and peer workers
- Ownership: Significant equity as part of the founding team
- Competitive salary, healthcare, and perks including a dedicated mental health benefit
What You'll Do
- Build product features across a range of technologies.
- Work with our technology team to improve the scalability, durability, and security of our existing technology platform
- Own code quality + code review processes that increase our stack’s reliability, performance, simplicity, and extensibility.
- Run security assessments to ensure compliance with HIPAA guidelines
- Collaborate with clinicians, designers, vendors, and contracted dev teams as part of a larger team
- 4-6 years of professional work experience. Prior security, compliance, or healthcare (HIPAA/HITRUST) experience strongly preferred.
- Experience coupled with a willingness to learn new things and technologies.
- History of designing and developing systems for scale, performance, security, and availability
- Strong analytical skills leading to demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
- Ability to work and communicate within a remote team as well as high DevOps standards
Preferred Tech Stack Experience
- Web Frameworks like React
- Server: Node
- Database: Postgres and SQL
Who You Are:
- Motivated by our mission to give every single patient with a mental health condition a unique voice
- Passionate about security, privacy, and compliance - handling protected health information is a serious responsibility
- Desire to contribute individually & self-direct work to areas of high impact
- Consistently proactive, thriving in an unstructured environment
- Scrappy, able to glean insights, test hypotheses, and demonstrate results with limited resources
More About Marigold Health
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as national health insurers. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition.
Our HQ is in Boston, and we are currently opening an office in DE. Most team members work virtually from their homes. As COVID-19 restrictions relax, team members will be expected to attend occasional meetings at the office but will for the most part be able to continue working remotely.
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email ravi[AT]marigoldhealth.com for more info.