Climb Credit · Remote (USA)
Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development
EducationPosted 2 months ago
Who we are
Climb Credit (NMLS# 1240013) is an innovative student financing and payments platform that makes career creation and transformation more accessible, affordable, and accountable than ever before. Driven by a mission to expand access to career-advancing education – Climb identifies programs and schools with a demonstrated ability to improve the earnings of their graduates. Then they provide learners with financing and payment options that are priced and structured to meet the unique needs of those seeking career elevation and increased earning power. Recognizing the dynamic and diverse nature of an economy in rapid change, Climb partners with schools that teach everything from cybersecurity to healthcare, heavy machine operation to data science, and culinary arts to coding. While some colleges are struggling to meet the real-world needs of their students, Climb and its partner schools are committed to an inspiring practicality that brings real career results as individuals own their next chapter. Climb earned a spot on Inc Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing companies in 2020!
- Put our learners first
- Build a better system
- Own the solution
- Iterate and experiment
- Succeed together
Overview of Role
We are looking for a software engineering leader who is excited to join a fast-growing startup and ready to contribute to, as well as help build, a high performance team. The ideal candidate will have significant experience leading the technical efforts to bring products to market and complex systems online. Previous experience in FinTech (payments, loans, or underwriting) would be a considerable bonus. Remote friendly, but locality to NYC a plus.
As part of the Product Engineering team, you will:
- Advise on the technical roadmap of the engineering organization
- Lead the development effort on our most critical projects and infrastructure
- Be a founding member, and bring new engineering teams online
- Act as an "engineer-at-large" providing value across the company
Your Background and Skills:
- Led the development efforts of an at scale product or service
- Strong opinions on and a holistic view of product development
- Experience mentoring and growing junior engineers into significant contributors
- Mastery over Node.js with a DevOps mindset
- Experience in FinTech is a major plus
- Value diverse, inclusive teams and creating an environment where people of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds can thrive
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Health benefits including dental, vision and covered insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation/remote working policies and happy hours
- Sponsorship for professional development and training programs
- Collaborative, dynamic, balanced, and fun team environment
- General sense of well-being and excitement
This role is not eligible for H-1B visa sponsorship.
We’ve raised hundreds of millions of dollars of lending capital from financiers such as The Blackstone Group and Goldman Sachs. We are currently 40 passionate technologists and business people excited to be changing the face of modern education.
Climb Credit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.