Solera Health · Remote (USA)
About the position:
The Scrum Master is a critical function in Solera’s Agile delivery model ensuring all barriers to delivering value in each sprint are removed. You will partner heavily with the product team to ensure that the development team is appropriately focused on what drives the most value while coaching and training the teams in Agile best-practices. This is an opportunity to have an outsize impact at an organization empowering every person to live their healthiest lives.
Who you are:
You are a team player who actively listens for barriers to success and is a servant leader to the development team. You understand that there is no “perfect” approach to Agile and experiment to find the best approach for the given team. You thrive in the spirit of continuous improvement knowing that getting to success is a marathon, not a sprint. Your are able to focus on small victories in each sprint as you coach the team. Most importantly you support the team in achieving their goals but can hold them accountable when needed.
What you’ll do:
Facilitation, Collaboration and Removing Barriers
- Oversee and manage scope, delivery timeline, quality, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Remove barriers to the successful delivery of stories within each sprint.
- Introduce forums of communication and collaboration during the sprint so that developers can share best practices and solution together.
- Manage Scrum events: daily scrum / stand up, spring reviews and retros.
- Create a environment where teams feel empowered to self organize, introspect, ideate and experiment.
- Identify anti-patterns and make them transparent and protect the team from distractions while they focus on the delivery goals of that sprint.
Introducing Agile Best Practices
- Coach product managers, delivery managers and engineering teams on the effective application of agile values, principles and practices.
- Be flexible in the face of change, create and support light weight processes and practices that are adaptable.
- Guide and coach the Scrum team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Help the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done.
- Look to make improvements in Agile practices that match the maturity of the organization and know when the time is right to shift the focus from pointing to velocity.
What you’ll need:
- Experience as a Scrum Master serving multiple teams.
- Knowledge of multiple methodologies, frameworks and systems like agile, Scrum, Kanban and XP.
- A common sense approach to agility that is focused on better outcomes irrespective of methodologies, practices or processes.
- Has earned one or more professional certifications. Individual may have Scrum Master Certification (CSM) and/or experience using Agile methods.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of KPI’s and metrics for scrum teams.
- Excellent communication, coaching and mentoring skills.
- CSM certified.
- PMP certification is a plus.
Where you are located:
- Remote position which may require travel to other corporate locations as needed
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Solera Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Solera Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.