Full Stack Developer
News Revenue Hub · Remote
Starting salary: $100,000 per year
Location: Remote (Permanent)
Reports to: VP of Technology
The News Revenue hub is looking for an experienced full stack developer with a passion for mission-driven work to join our team. You’ll help build and maintain the front and back end of our products primarily written using Django, React, FastAPI, and Python. You should be able to translate our stakeholder needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability, appealing design and elegant code.
- Design mobile-based features, participate in design reviews
- Write functional requirement documents and guides, user-facing documentation
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Work on features and bug fixes
- Maintain our backend APIs
- Participate in sprint planning
- Experience with Django or other Python frameworks (like Flask)
- Experience with templating languages like Django’s, Jinja2, etc.
- Experience with Node
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience with frontend (Cypress, Jest) and backend (pytest) testing.
- Solid understanding of Git
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager helpful
- Build systems (Webpack, Gulp, Babel, etc)
- Mobile browser testing (e.g. BrowserStack)
- Experience with Docker, GCP, Kubernetes, Stripe or Postgres helpful, but not required
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
About News Revenue Hub
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping news outlets develop stronger business models. We provide a robust technology infrastructure specifically designed for journalism fundraising, along with customized strategies for audience and membership and donor development.
We work with over 60 news organizations and have had the opportunity to work on projects with big impact. Our approach to sustainability is holistic and we work closely with editors and audience strategists as we do with membership officers and fundraisers.
News Revenue Hub works with news organizations to implement fundraising models, automate time consuming processes, conduct experiments, adopt best practices, and more. Our mission is to help newsrooms achieve financial sustainability and take on the heavy lifting so our members can focus on what they do best: producing high quality journalism.
Benefits of working at the Hub include:
- 100% remote team with post-pandemic potential travel
- Full health benefits (medical, dental,vision).
- 401k plan with 5% match
- Home office stipend and cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work hours with a generous vacation policy
- Life insurance
- Annual performance reviews with merit-based increases and opportunities for advancement
The deadline to apply is August 1, 2021.