Software Engineer, Backend
Apeel Sciences · Remote (USA)
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About This Role
We’re looking for experienced Backend Software Engineers to join our core team! This position can be fully or partially remote. If working remotely, employees must be based in one of our payroll states:
AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WI
In this role, you will conceptualize and launch a variety of software programs which serve many facets of our organization. While there will be opportunities for full stack development, our backend positions will focus on cloud computing and architecture design. The ideal candidates will be self-starters and team players who are passionate about new technologies and our work.
Our tech stack is: Python3, Django, AWS, SQL, Docker, Terraform, Mapreduce, Postgres, React, HTML, CSS. We utilize Agile methodology and Scrum framework and deliver in 2-week sprints.
What You’ll Do:
- Work across the Software Development Life Cycle to design and launch software programs to support Apeel’s internal and external clients
- Manage AWS infrastructure to support international data collection (terabytes of data)
- Collaborate on or lead microservice architecture design focused on scalability
- Collaborate on the redesign of our core web application
What You Bring:
- BS in Computer Science (or a related field) and 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with object oriented programming languages (Python, Ruby, C++, Java)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure management
- Experience in taking projects from concept to launch, with an emphasis on designing and writing scalable code
- Ability to design software solutions (Entity Relationship Diagram, Object Model, State Machine Diagram, Sequence Diagram)
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Experience with Python3 and Python frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience in mentoring other developers
- Enthusiastic about contributing to open source projects
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.